Win with Shirley Ballas’ Behind the Sequins
Expires: 14th February 2021
To celebrate the publication of Shirley’s autobiography, Behind The Sequins, Penguin Books are offering you and a friend the chance to have lunch in London with the Queen of Latin and Strictly Come Dancing head judge Shirley Ballas.
Competition Terms and Conditions
By entering this prize draw, you agree to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions. All entry instructions form part of the terms & conditions of this prize draw.
2. This prize draw is open to anyone aged 18 or over who is a resident of the UK, except for employees of The Random House Group Limited (promoter), its subsidiary companies, their families and any other company connected with the prize draw.
3. Entries must be received by February 14th 2021 23:59 (closing date). Entries that are illegible, incomplete, corrupted or which fail to be received by the closing date for any reason, will not be considered. The promoter is not responsible for entries delayed or that fail to reach the Promoter for any reason. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt. Automatically generated entries or entries via agents or third parties are invalid and shall not be considered.
4. Only one entry per person. No entrant may win more than one prize. To enter fill in your details and submit via the online form found at www.penguin.co.uk/shirley-ballas-prize-draw
5. All correctly completed entries will be entered into a prize draw which will take place on 15th February 2021. The first entry drawn at random by an independent person will be the winner.
6. The prize is lunch for the winner with Shirley Ballas in London (restaurant TBC) (prize) and must be taken before February 2022. The prize is non-transferable and no cash alternative will be offered. The Promoter will pay for the winner’s lunch but the winner will be responsible for organising and paying for their own transport to and from their home and the restaurant.
7. Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, or any change of circumstances relating to the Covid-19 pandemic assessed by the Promoter as adversely affecting fulfilment of the prize in any way, the Promoter reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes as determined by the Promoter at its sole discretion provided that the total monetary value of any alternative prize(s) is equivalent to or greater than that of the original prize; and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice. No correspondence will be entered into.
8. The winner will be notified by email within 30 days of the closing date (i.e. by 14/03/2021). The winner must claim their prize within 30 days of the promoter sending notification. If the prize is unclaimed after this time, it will lapse and the promoter reserves the right to offer the unclaimed prize to a substitute winner selected in accordance with these rules.
9. Other than those specified above, the promoter shall not be liable for any costs or expenses arising out of or in any way connected with this prize and does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by the winner as result of accepting this prize.
11. We will make the winner’s name and county available on request to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org (please state the name of the prize draw in the subject heading 10 weeks after the closing date). If you do not want your name and county to be made available in the event that you win, please let us know by emailing email@example.com. Please note we are required to make the winner’s details available to the ASA if requested.
12. The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in relation to the prize draw.
13. Promoter may disqualify any entrant whose entry does not comply with these terms and conditions (in promoter’s sole opinion) or who, in promoter’s sole determination, has acted in a manner that is fraudulent, dishonest or unjust to other entrants including, without limitation, tampering with the operation of the prize draw, manipulating or rigging votes, hacking, deceiving, cheating or by harassing or threatening other entrants, the panel or a representative of promoter.
14. These terms and conditions are subject to English Law and the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
15. The promoter’s contact details are: The Random House Group Limited, 20 Vauxhall Bridge Road, London SW1V 2SA.