Win Sky Q for a year as well as some incredible prizes!
Expires: 15th July 2021
You could enjoy a summer of sport with a chance to win an incredible garden barbeque bundle including a 4-burner grill gas BBQ and 23-piece deluxe accessory set, as well as a Gilbert Rugby Ball and garden rugby and football goal posts. If that wasn’t enough, you can also win a 65″ UHD LG TV and wireless outdoor speakers.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1.Entry ROUTES and Costs
Entries are restricted to one (1) entry per person – detailed in section 2.COMPETITION MECHANIC AND HOW TO WIN.
Entry to the Competition is available via the following routes:
(A) Online at https://planetradio.co.uk/scala-radio/competitions/
(B) Online at https://planetradio.co.uk/jazz-fm/competitions/
Online entry is free of charge.
2.COMPETITION MECHANIC AND HOW TO WIN
There will be one (1) winner of the online competition. All valid entries who correctly answer the competition question on the entry form will be pooled and the winner will be chosen by electronic random draw on or around 19/07/2021.
3. ENTRY PERIOD
Entries must be submitted during the following entry period:
From 00:01 09/07/2021 (the “Start time”) to 23:59 15/07/2021 ( the “End Time”)
Entries received before the Start Time or after the End Time will be invalid.
If the winner cannot be contacted within 10 days from the date of the initial attempt to contact them then we will re-draw until we draw a winner that we are satisfied (in our sole discretion) fulfils all of the eligibility criteria and is in compliance with these Terms.
Winner Announcement. The name and the hometown of the winner(s) may be announced on on-air.
4. ENTRY RESTRICTIONS
Open to UK residents aged eighteen  years or over on date of entry.
Our employees (and their family members) or employees of any company involved in the Competition, including any Prize Provider, are not permitted to enter.
We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant or winner who does not comply with any of the eligibility criteria and/or is in breach of these Terms. We reserve the right to repeat the competition mechanic or any stage of it in order to draw a winner that fulfils all of the eligibility criteria and is in compliance with these Terms.
If anyone has won a competition on any Bauer Media brand to the value of £500 or more in the past 6 months, they or any person at the winning address will not be eligible to win the competition. Winning the on-air competition will trigger this condition for online competitions.
The full list of Bauer Media brands can be found here: https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/brands
Other entry restrictions are as follows:
The winner is subject to the Prize Provider’s additional terms and conditions. See 6. SKY OBLIGATORY TERMS.
5. THE PRIZE
This is a shared prize across Jazz FM and Scala Radio.
One (1) winner will receive the following prize (the “Prize”):
1 x Sky Q subscription for 12 months with Sky Cinema and Sky Sports
1 x 65” UHD LG TV
1 x LG Soundbar
1 x Gilbert Rugby Ball
1 x Garden Rugby and Football Goal Post
1 x Tower Stealth 4-burner Grill Gas Barbecue
1 x 23-piece Deluxe BBQ Accessory Set
1 x Russell Hobbs Mini Fridge
6. SKY OBLIGATORY TERMS
All prizes are subject to any additional terms and conditions provided by the Prize Provider and/or the supplier of the prize at the time of redemption.
The Promoter shall administer the Competition and allocate the Prize as follows and shall ensure that the Competition Terms and Conditions shall contain terms that give effect to the Prize Conditions set out below. The Promoter shall ensure that all entrants to the competition are notified of and accept the Prize Conditions before entering the Competition and again before accepting a Prize.
1. The Competition shall open on Friday 9th July and close on Thursday 15th July 2021. Online entry required. The entry mechanic is as follows: Correctly answer a multiple-choice question and submit your details where prompted on the Jazz FM and Scala Radio station websites. Refer to 1. ENTRY ROUTES AND COSTS.
2. This promotion is open to residents of the UK aged 18 years or over only. Proof of age may be required. The Competition is not open to employees (or family members of employees) of any Sky UK Limited (“Sky”), companies associated with the Promotion and all affiliates of such companies. The Promoter shall allow one entry per household only.
3. A maximum of 1 entry per person over the Promotional Period. Entries sent in through agents, third party websites or multiple accounts will be disqualified. Entries that contain any sexual, offensive, inappropriate or defamatory content will be disqualified. Late, incomplete or otherwise ineligible entries will also be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to not award prizes if qualifying criteria is not met and the right to select replacement entry into the competition element of the promotion.
4. 1 winner will be selected by a random computer-generated draw, on or around Thursday 19th July 2021 from all correct and eligible entries received during the Promotional Period. The winner will be notified by phone or email, by 22nd July 2021.
5. If the winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period or is not able or available to accept the prize for any reason which is beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant
6. There is 1 prize package to be won (each a “Prize”). 1 winner will be allocated one Prize each. Each Prize includes the following:
The Sky Q prize package consists of: 1 x Sky Q TV subscription for 12 months to include the following:
1 x Sky Q Complete Bundle TV package including Sky Sports Complete and Sky Cinema;
1 x Sky Q Multiscreen subscription; and
Free standard installation provided by Sky subject to the Prize Conditions
Sky will also loan the prize winner 1 x Sky Q 2TB box and 1 x Sky Q Mini box at no charge
– 1 x 65” UHD LG TV
– 1 x LG Soundbar
– 1 x Gilbert Rugby Ball
– 1 x Garden Rugby and Football Goal Post
– 1 x Tower Stealth 4-burner Grill Gas Barbecue
– 1 x 23-piece Deluxe BBQ Accessory Set
– 1 x Russell Hobbs Mini Fridge
The Prize will be subject to the Prize Conditions (as defined below)
The following terms shall apply to the Prize (the “Prize Conditions”):
a) The winner will be required to enter into a new Sky Q TV subscription contract. If the winner is an existing Sky TV customer, your existing Sky TV subscriptions will come to an end and you must enter into a new Sky Q TV subscription contract.
b) After your 12 month free Sky Q TV subscription comes to an end, standard subscription length (18 months) and prices at the time of re-contracting will apply, unless you change or cancel your package, giving Sky at least 31 days’ notice. Standard subscription prices may change. Please refer to www.sky.com for current pricing. You must be over 18 and resident in the United Kingdom.
c) The Prize does not include:
– A broadband subscription (to experience Sky Q features to the full, we recommend connecting your boxes to home broadband);
– Sky Box Office, Sky Store purchases/rentals, Stand-alone Premium Channels, or pay-per-view services and events
d) Watching on an extra TV screen comes at a one-off cost of £99 and Sky will loan you an extra Sky Q Mini at no cost (recommend connecting no more than 4 Sky Q Minis in total)
e) Prices, programmes/channels are subject to change.
f) Engineer set-up required.
g) The winner must get any consents required (e.g. landlord’s) prior to installation.
h) Winners must redeem the prize within a year. Winners who are in a current pay-TV contract with another provider may defer their Prize for a maximum of 12 months from the date of winning. If a winner does not redeem his/her Prize within 12 months from the date of winning, this could result in loss of the Prize. If the winner has a previous uncleared debt with Sky the winner will not be able to take up the Prize until this debt has been fully cleared.
i) There is no cash alternative to the Prize or any element thereof and unless agreed otherwise in writing the Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
j) Sky reserves the right to refuse or withdraw the Prize if a winner or a party authorised by the winner to act on their behalf, threatens or abuses a Staff employee or otherwise conducts themselves in a manner that Sky reasonably regards as inappropriate, offensive or unlawful.
k) Prize winner will own the Sky dish. The Sky Q box, the Sky Q Mini and all other Sky Q kit is loaned to the winner at no cost and must be returned when the winner’s 12 month prize subscription terminates or when the winner leaves Sky, whichever is earlier. Mechanical faults with the Sky Q kit will be repaired at no cost.
l) Sky Q installations currently average a 28-day waiting period (Covid 19 restrictions and guidelines allowing)
m) Additional prizes (including 65” UHD LG TV, LG Soundbar, Gilbert rugby ball, garden rugby and football posts, Tower Stealth Barbecue, 23-piece barbecue set and Russell Hobbs Mini Fridge) may take up to 28 days for delivery.
n) Prizes may be delivered separately and are subject to availability. A suitable alternative will be offered in the event of availability issues.
8. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from the enjoyment of the prize; and/or any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize beyond the Promoter’s control; and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
9. By entering the competition, if you are the winner, you agree that you and your guests (if applicable) agree that Sky may make your full names and counties available and may use your full names, counties and photographs for post-event publicity purposes without your permission or paying you anything. You further agree and agree to procure that any guests agree to the use of your names, images and any video or voice recordings of you or your guests (if applicable) in any media in, perpetuity, as Sky sees fit. You agree and agree to procure that your guests agree that the copyright (if any) and all other rights title and interest in and to any contribution by you or your guests shall vest in and be irrevocably assigned to Sky
10. Sky reserves the right to refuse or withdraw the Prize if a winner or a party authorised by the winner to act on their behalf, threatens or abuses a Staff employee or otherwise conducts themselves in a manner that Sky reasonably regards as inappropriate, offensive or unlawful.
11. By entering this promotion and choosing to opt-in to receive more information, you agree that Sky may use your information to contact you about offers, news products and services you may like. You can change your direct marketing preferences by contacting Sky on 08442 41 41 41. You can also click on the “unsubscribe” link in direct marketing emails from Sky.
12. Any entrant data collected will be used for the purpose of administering the promotion and contacting the winner[s] to notify them of the prize and, if you are the winner, we may pass them on to third parties to deliver the prize.
Promoter: Jazz FM and Scala Radio Stations, Bauer Media, Golden Square, London, W1F 9HR
1. DATA PROTECTION. Names, email addresses, and /or telephone numbers (which, for all SMS competitions, will be shared with our SMS provider) will be collected and used to process entries. Winner’s details may be given to a Prize Provider to arrange delivery of the prize. Your details may remain stored after the End Date but will not be used for marketing unless you have ticked an opt-in box on entry. For SMS entries you automatically consent to receive marketing. You may opt out at any time by texting the word STOP to the relevant text shortcode number. If you have opted in to receive marketing communications, then your details will be used in accordance with the information given when you ticked the opt-in box and gave your consent. For more details, see: http://www.bauerdatapromise.co.uk/.
2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND CONSENTS. By entering this Competition, you are consenting to our use of your entry both to publicise this Competition, our radio station or any other radio station which we own or control. This means that we may use all names, images, descriptions, photographs video footage, and other information, which you have submitted on entry, in any media, without paying you any remuneration therefore and without any time restriction. You also agree that we may film, record or photograph you in connection with the competition and /or the Prize if applicable. We will own these films, recordings or photographs and we may use them publicly, including on the internet, for our radio broadcasts and/or for any promotional purposes. You will also have waived any moral rights or right to payment that you may have had.
Entries which do not comply with these Terms or the General Competition Terms and Conditions will not be accepted and any entries may be disqualified if we have any reason to suspect that there is a breach of, or non-compliance with, these Terms.
Where a competition mechanic involves the answering of questions, the correct answers to questions must match our answers to win (or be sufficiently close in our sole reasonable opinion) to be acceptable. In the event of any dispute about any answers given and whether they are correct, we reserve the right to amend what we deem a correct answer, however we are not obliged to, and our decision in either case is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
We are not responsible if you fail to get through when you call / text to enter, or if you lose signal during a call.
You are responsible for all costs of entry and where necessary, obtaining the bill payer’s permission. Please refer to your tariff with your network provider for information about charges you may incur for entry into our competitions via any SMS or phone call entry route.
We accept no liability for network, technical or signal errors, issues or failures experienced by entrants when entering the competition or at any stage during the mechanic of the competition.
Whilst on-air, you must not make any inappropriate, profane, indecent, harmful or offensive statements. If you do so we reserve the right to take you off-air immediately and disqualify you from the competition. You may be also disqualified from the competition at any time if you are incomprehensible, inaudible or if you appear to be driving, intoxicated or likely to offend listeners. Any prize already won may be withdrawn and re-awarded to another entrant.
As far as it is lawful to do so we exclude our liability for any losses suffered in connection with the Competition or any element of the Prize.
We may cancel, end or suspend the Competition where we are required to do so in circumstances outside our control. We reserve the right to amend these Terms at any stage during the Competition if such amendment is necessary to facilitate the administration of the Competition.
4. CONTACT DETAILS. Any concerns? Please email: email@example.com. Correspondence will not be entered into regarding any competition which has closed more than 14 days prior to correspondence being received.
Bauer Radio Limited is the promoter of this Competition, see: http://www.bauerlegal.co.uk/radio-website-terms.html for details of our registered office and company number.