WIN CASH AND TECH
A Seaside Pier
Expires: 23rd May 2021
Switch out your old phone for a shiny Samsung S21 128GB, plus there’s £500 cash and a £100 Sky Store voucher up for grabs. Sky Mobile will even throw in a free one-year data plan so you can try out their award-winning network for yourself.
Competition Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (the “Specific Terms”) for the Competition should be read alongside our general competition terms and conditions at: http://www.bauerlegal.co.uk/radio-competition-terms.html (the “General Terms”) which will also apply to this Competition. Where there is any conflict between these Specific Terms and the General Terms, the Specific Terms shall prevail.
1.Entry ROUTES and Costs
Entries are restricted to one  entry/ per person.
Pre-registration to play the on-air competition is available via the following route:
(A) Online at https://planetradio.co.uk/absolute-radio/competitions/
Online entry is free of charge.
2. SKY OBLIGATORY TERMS
The Promoter shall administer the Competition and allocate the Prize as follows and shall ensure that the Competition Terms and Conditions shall contain terms that give effect to the Prize Conditions set out below. The Promoter shall ensure that all entrants to the competition are notified of and accept the Prize Conditions before entering the Competition and again before accepting a Prize.
1. The Competition shall open on Wednesday 12 May and close on Sunday 23 May. Online entry required. The entry mechanic is as follows: Correctly answer a multiple-choice question and submit your details where prompted on the Absolute Radio station website.
2. This promotion is open to residents of the UK aged 18 years or over only. Proof of age may be required. The Competition is not open to employees (or family members of employees) of any Sky UK Limited (“Sky”), companies associated with the Promotion and all affiliates of such companies. The Promoter shall allow one entry per household only.
3. A maximum of 1 entry per person over the Promotional Period. Entries sent in through agents, third party websites or multiple accounts will be disqualified. Entries that contain any sexual, offensive, inappropriate or defamatory content will be disqualified. Late, incomplete or otherwise ineligible entries will also be disqualified. The Promoter reserves the right to not award prizes if qualifying criteria is not met and the right to select replacement entry into the competition element of the promotion.
4. 1 winner will be selected by a random computer generated draw, on or around 26th May 2021 from all correct and eligible entries received during the Promotional Period. The winners will be notified by email or phone by 2nd June 2021.
5. If the winners cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period or are not able or available to accept the prize for any reason which is beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant
6. There is 1 prize package to be won. The prize package includes the following:
– 1 x Sky Mobile Data Plan (10GB a month, unlimited texts and calls for 1 year)
– £500 cash
– 1 x Samsung Galaxy S21 phone (128GB)
– £100 Sky Store Vouchers
The Prize will be subject to the Prize Conditions (as defined below)
7. The following terms shall apply to the Prize (the “Prize Conditions”):
a) Sky Mobile Contract: The prize will consist of a Sky Mobile Data Plan (10GB a month) including unlimited calls and text messages with a 12 month free period. Unlimited Calls and Texts: Inclusive calls to standard UK landlines (01, 02, & 03) and inclusive texts to standard UK mobile numbers (07). Subject to our acceptable use policy at sky.com/mobileterms. Any services used outside of these allowances will be chargeable. A credit or debit card may be required in order to sign up to a contract and contract-award is subject to satisfactory credit/security checks. UK only. 18+. The contract (i) must be in winner’s name, (ii) may be cancelled by notice at the end of the 12 months free period by giving 31 days’ notice to Sky Mobile, but if not cancelled the plan will continue and the winner will be charged the full monthly price for the plan until terminated on 31 days’ notice (current pricing should be checked at sky.com/shop/mobile), (iii) cannot be altered by the winner once the order has been accepted or at any time during the first 12 months, without losing all free allowances for the plan for that period, and (iv) can be altered by Sky Mobile at any time if providing allowances which are no less favourable. Standard Sky Mobile terms apply.
b) Samsung Galaxy S21 phone and Sky Mobile SIM may take up to 28 days to be delivered from the point the winner confirms their details with the prize provider. Prizes will be delivered separately.
c) £100 Sky Store vouchers will be supplied either as an e-voucher, or in the form of a cheque or bank transfer to the equivalent value.
d) Prizes are subject to availability. Where prizes are not available the prize provider may offer an alternative prize of the equivalent value at their sole discretion.
e) Cash prizes will be supplied in the form of a cheque or bank transfer within 28 days of the winner confirming their details with the prize provider.
f) Prizes are subject to delivery delays due to Covid-19
8. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from the enjoyment of the prize; and/or any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize beyond the Promoter’s control; and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
9. By entering the competition, if you are the winner, you agree that you and your guests (if applicable) agree that Sky may make your full names and counties available and may use your full names, counties and photographs for post-event publicity purposes without your permission or paying you anything. You further agree and agree to procure that any guests agree to the use of your names, images and any video or voice recordings of you or your guests (if applicable) in any media in, perpetuity, as Sky sees fit. You agree and agree to procure that your guests agree that the copyright (if any) and all other rights title and interest in and to any contribution by you or your guests shall vest in and be irrevocably assigned to Sky
10. Sky reserves the right to refuse or withdraw the Prize if a winner or a party authorised by the winner to act on their behalf, threatens or abuses a Staff employee or otherwise conducts themselves in a manner that Sky reasonably regards as inappropriate, offensive or unlawful.
11. By entering this promotion and choosing to opt-in to receive more information, you agree that Sky may use your information to contact you about offers, news products and services you may like. You can change your direct marketing preferences by contacting Sky on 08442 41 41 41. You can also click on the “unsubscribe” link in direct marketing emails from Sky.
12. Any entrant data collected will be used for the purpose of administering the promotion and contacting the winner[s] to notify them of the prize and, if you are the winner, we may pass them on to third parties to deliver the prize.
Promoter: Absolute Radio, Bauer Media, Golden Square, London, W1F 9HR
3. ENTRY PERIOD
The online competition is open during the following entry period:
From 12 May 2021 at 00:01 (the “Start Time”) to 23 May 2021 at 23:59 (“End Time”).
Entries received before the Start Time or after the End Time will be invalid.
If any winner cannot be contacted or does not provided the required details to fulfil the prize within  calendar days from the date of winning a prize as part of the on-air competition, the prize will be forfeited.
4. ENTRY RESTRICTIONS
Open to UK residents aged  years or over on date of entry.
Our employees (and their family members) or employees of any company involved in the Competition, including any Prize Provider, are not permitted to enter.
We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant or winner who does not comply with any of the eligibility criteria and/or is in breach of these Terms. We reserve the right to repeat the competition mechanic or any stage of it in order to draw a winner that fulfils all of the eligibility criteria and is in compliance with these Terms.
If anyone has won a competition on any Bauer Media brand to the value of £500 or more in the past 6 months, they or any person at the winning address will not be eligible to win the competition. Winning the on-air competition will trigger this condition for online competitions.
The full list of Bauer Media brands can be found here: https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/brands
5. THE PRIZE
Refer to Section 2 – Sky Obligatory Terms.
1. DATA PROTECTION. Names, email addresses, and /or telephone numbers (which, for all SMS competitions, will be shared with our SMS provider) will be collected and used to process entries. Winner’s details may be given to a Prize Provider to arrange delivery of the prize. Your details may remain stored after the End Date but will not be used for marketing unless you have ticked an opt-in box on entry. For SMS entries you automatically consent to receive marketing. You may opt out at any time by texting the word STOP to the relevant text shortcode number. If you have opted in to receive marketing communications, then your details will be used in accordance with the information given when you ticked the opt-in box and gave your consent. For more details, see: http://www.bauerdatapromise.co.uk/.
2. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND CONSENTS. By entering this Competition, you are consenting to our use of your entry both to publicise this Competition, our radio station or any other radio station which we own or control. This means that we may use all names, images, descriptions, photographs video footage, and other information, which you have submitted on entry, in any media, without paying you any remuneration therefore and without any time restriction. You also agree that we may film, record or photograph you in connection with the competition and /or the Prize if applicable. We will own these films, recordings or photographs and we may use them publicly, including on the internet, for our radio broadcasts and/or for any promotional purposes. You will also have waived any moral rights or right to payment that you may have had.
Entries which do not comply with these Terms or the General Competition Terms and Conditions will not be accepted and any entries may be disqualified if we have any reason to suspect that there is a breach of, or non-compliance with, these Terms.
Where a competition mechanic involves the answering of questions, the correct answers to questions must match our answers to win (or be sufficiently close in our sole reasonable opinion) to be acceptable. In the event of any dispute about any answers given and whether they are correct, we reserve the right to amend what we deem a correct answer, however we are not obliged to, and our decision in either case is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
We are not responsible if you fail to get through when you call / text to enter, or if you lose signal during a call.
You are responsible for all costs of entry and where necessary, obtaining the bill payer’s permission. Please refer to your tariff with your network provider for information about charges you may incur for entry into our competitions via any SMS or phone call entry route.
We accept no liability for network, technical or signal errors, issues or failures experienced by entrants when entering the competition or at any stage during the mechanic of the competition.
Whilst on-air, you must not make any inappropriate, profane, indecent, harmful or offensive statements. If you do so we reserve the right to take you off-air immediately and disqualify you from the competition. You may be also disqualified from the competition at any time if you are incomprehensible, inaudible or if you appear to be driving, intoxicated or likely to offend listeners. Any prize already won may be withdrawn and re-awarded to another entrant.
As far as it is lawful to do so we exclude our liability for any losses suffered in connection with the Competition or any element of the Prize.
We may cancel, end or suspend the Competition where we are required to do so in circumstances outside our control. We reserve the right to amend these Terms at any stage during the Competition if such amendment is necessary to facilitate the administration of the Competition.
4. CONTACT DETAILS. Any concerns? Please email: email@example.com . Correspondence will not be entered into regarding any competition which has closed more than 14 days prior to correspondence being received.
Bauer Radio Limited is the promoter of this Competition, see: http://www.bauerlegal.co.uk/radio-website-terms.html for details of our registered office and company number.
This competition is also subject to additional terms and conditions available at https://absoluteradio.co.uk/legal/competitions/index.html