Win an EE Tech Bundle with Radio City!
Expires: 9th August 2021
Want to win an EE tech bundle? Here’s how!
Register below to take part in our on-air breakfast competition. Each morning, we’ll be getting two callers to go head-to-head and play our game, Who Has the Fastest 5Gs? We’ll give you a category – for example, celebrities, songs, or food – and you’ll have to tell us five of them – the fastest caller will win the prize!
The EE bundle includes:
Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite Tablet
LG TONE Free HBS-FN4 True Wireless Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones
Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM 2 Bluetooth Waterproof Portable Speaker
Competition Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS for “Radio City x EE – The Fastest 5G’s Competition- pre-register – online to on air ” (the “Competition”).
These terms and conditions (the “Specific Terms”) for the Competition should be read alongside our general competition terms and conditions at: http://www.bauerlegal.co.uk/radio-competition-terms.html (the “General Terms”) which will also apply to this Competition. Where there is any conflict between these Specific Terms and the General Terms, the Specific Terms shall prevail.
1.Entry ROUTES and Costs
Entry to this pre-registration competition is available via the following routes:
Online at: https://planetradio.co.uk/city/competitions/
Online entry is free of charge.
Entries are restricted to one entry per person.
Please refer to section 2 on the mechanic of the competition and how to win. This is an online pre-registration to take part on the on-air competition ‘The Fastest 5G’s’ against another caller.
If you are shortlisted to pre-record ‘The Fastest 5Gs’ – calls will be charged at your standard network rate.
2.COMPETITION MECHANIC AND HOW TO WIN
The pre-registration competition:
To play this competition you need to pre-register online at https://planetradio.co.uk/city/
The contestants will then be selected from the pool of correct entries online to play on air in ‘The Fastest 5G’s’ competition on the breakfast show. For more information on ‘The Fastest 5G’s’ competition, read below.
Two entrants will be randomly chosen each day via electronic draw during the opening- closing period of this pre-registration competition to take part in the ‘The Fastest 5G’s on-air competition. Being one of the two contestants does not deem you a winner, you must win the on-air competition successfully become the winner We reserve the right to draw another contestant if the producers are unable to get hold of the entrant to play the game. There is only one winner of ‘The Fastest 5Gs’ each day during the on-air live dates.
Producers will call the contestants to pre-record the competitions the day before it is played out on air, the producers will call to pre-record after the 10am breakfast show as finished.
Each morning in the weekday breakfast show (Friday 6th August – Thursday 12th August) there will be two entrants (selected from the online registration pool) playing ‘The Fastest 5G’s’’. The nature of this competition means going head-to-head for the chance to win an EE tech bundle (please see section 5 for the prize details). If the entrants are successful and are brought to play ‘The Fastest 5G’s’, the producers of the breakfast show will pre-record them playing the game. This will then be broadcast the following day on the Breakfast show.
The ‘Fastest 5Gs’ on-air competition mechanic:
Two callers will go head-to-head and asked to say 5 things that start with G on the given topic of that day. The fastest caller to give their 5 G’s will be the winner. Every day there will be a different topic/category and again, the caller who gives the 5 G’s the fastest will be deemed the winner. If the callers can hear each other, they must not give the same 5G’s as their competitor. E.g – if the category was celebrity names starting with G – the caller who successfully gives 5 celebrity names starting with G the fastest wins. The 5G’s that the callers give, must be true and genuine in relation to the topic given.
The contestants will not be able to hear each other’s answers in order to make it fair, the callers will give their 5 G’s in relation to the category for that day on a separate line with only the presenter and producer being present. The producer will make a note of how long each caller takes to give their answer against the clock. The fastest contestant to give 5 G’s which relates to that day’s category will be the winner. In case of a draw, there will be a tie breaker question asked to both callers (on seperate lines so the callers cannot hear each other’s answers) and the constetant which is closest to the correct answer (to the production teams discretion) will be deemed the winner.
3. ENTRY PERIOD
Pre-register entries must be submitted during the following entry period:
From Tuesday 3rd August at 00:01 (the “Start Time”) to Monday 9th August 23:59pm (“End Time”).
Entries received before the Start Time or after the End Time will be invalid.
The in-play on-air competition rounds will take place (weekdays) from Friday 6th August to Thursday 12th August during the breakfast show hours. The specific timings of the on-air competition rounds will be announced by the presenter on the day.
4. ENTRY RESTRICTIONS
Open to UK residents aged  years or over on date of entry.
Our employees (and their family members) or employees of any company involved in the Competition, including any Prize Provider, are not permitted to enter.
We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant or winner who does not comply with any of the eligibility criteria and/or is in breach of these Terms. We reserve the right to repeat the competition mechanic or any stage of it in order to draw a winner that fulfils all of the eligibility criteria and is in compliance with these Terms.
Anyone who has won a Bauer competition to the value of £500 or more within the past 6 months on any Bauer Radio Brand, will not be eligible to take part in this competition nor will anyone else at their address. If by any chance they get through to the phone lines – any prize they have been successful with will not be awarded. The full list of Bauer Media brands can be found here: https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/brands
5. THE PRIZE
The winners of ‘The Fastest 5Gs’ on air will receive the EE tech bundle below (the “Prize”):
Prize package inclusions:
1x Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite Tablet, Android, 3GB RAM, 32GB, Wi-Fi, 8.7”
1x LG TONE Free HBS-FN4 True Wireless Bluetooth In-Ear Headphones with Mic/Remote, Black
1x Ultimate Ears WONDERBOOM 2 Bluetooth Waterproof Portable Speaker
Secure delivery within mainland UK
Please note due to the current Covid-19 situation, delivery times may be extended and may over-run the 28day delivery period as noted in our General Terms and Conditions. There may also be delays to a member of staff contacting winners once the competition has ended.
The Prize is provided by Bauer Media (the “Prize Provider”) and will be managed by Element Prizing. We are not responsible for any aspect of the Prize, including unsatisfactory quality or late delivery or a prize winner being unable to take up any aspect, or the entirety of the prize due to their own circumstances or restrictions.
Your details will be given to our prizing company ‘Element Prizing’ who will discuss your prize with you.
Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and no cash alternative will be offered.
**If the items in the prize are not available, we have the right to change them for something of the same value.
Additional Terms & Conditions
All prizes are subject to availability. In the event that any of the products listed above are unavailable, alternative products of equal value will be provided; Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, there may be extended delays to deliveries; We will endeavour to get products delivered to winners as quickly as possible. All elements of the prize are subject to availability; prize is non-refundable and non-transferable; no cash alternative is available; prize may need to be signed for on delivery and it is the recipient’s responsibility to ensure that all items are present, correct and undamaged; recipient may need to provide ID on delivery; It is the responsibility of the winner to provide the correct delivery information to prize provider; items will be delivered to one address within mainland UK; prizes will be delivered within 28 days of confirming delivery address.
DATA PROTECTION. Names, email addresses, and/or telephone numbers (which, for all SMS competitions, will be shared with our SMS provider) will be collected and used to process entries. Winner’s details may be given to the prize provider to arrange delivery of the prize. Your details may remain stored after the End Date but will not be used for marketing unless you have ticked an opt-in box on entry. If you have, your details will be used in accordance with the information given when you ticked the opt-in box and gave your consent. For more details, see: http://www.bauerdatapromise.co.uk/.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND CONSENTS. By entering this Competition, you are consenting to our use of your entry both to publicise this Competition, our radio station or any other radio station which we own or control. This means that we may use all names, images, descriptions, photographs video footage, and other information, which you’ve submitted on entry, in any media, without paying you and without any time restriction. You also agree that we may film, record or photograph you in connection with the competition and /or the Prize (if you win!). We will own these films, recordings or photographs and we may use them publicly, including on the internet, for our radio broadcasts and/or for any promotional purposes. You will also have waived any moral rights or right to payment that you may have had.
Entries that don’t comply with these terms will not be accepted and you may be disqualified if we think you have breached them.
One entry per person
If there is a dispute about the operation of the Competition or correctness of any answers given, our decision is final and no discussion will be entered into on this subject.
The correct answers to questions must exactly match our answers to win.
We are not responsible if you fail to get through when you call / text to enter, or if you lose signal during a call.
You are responsible for all costs of entry.
You may be disqualified if you are incomprehensible, inaudible or if you appear to be driving, intoxicated or likely to offend listeners.
Whilst on-air, you must not make inappropriate or offensive statements.
As far as it is lawful to do so, we exclude our liability for any losses suffered in connection with the Competition / the Prize.
We may cancel / amend / end / suspend the Competition if we need to do so due to circumstances outside our control.
11. Unless described otherwise in the Details, where the prize includes attendance at any event, the cost of any transport to and from the event and/or any hotel accommodation that may be required are not included as part of the prize. Further, unless stated otherwise, the cost of any meals and all other personal expenses, spending money and other incidentals are the responsibility of the winner and their permitted guests.
12. There is no cash alternative to the prize and unless agreed otherwise in writing the prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond its control.
14. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter and its associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prize details beyond the Promoter’s control and for any act or default of any third party supplier.
15. The terms and conditions of any other third party supplier will also apply to the prize where applicable. If there is a conflict between third party terms and conditions and these terms and conditions, these shall take precedence.
16. The Promoter will not be liable for any prize(s) that do not reach the winners for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
17. If the winners cannot be contacted within a reasonable time period or are not able or available to accept the prize for any reason which is beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
18. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding in all respects on all entrants. No correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with either the Details or these entry terms and conditions will be disqualified.
19. The prize winners’ first name and county will be made available for one month after the close of this promotion by writing to the Promoter at the address below and stating the name and date of the promotion.
21. The name, county and photograph of the winners may be used by the Promoter and its associated companies for post-event publicity purposes. The winners agree to allow the Promoter to use their name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional remuneration.
23. The Promoter may refuse or disqualify any entry (including winning entries) if the entrant concerned or anyone authorised by the entrant to deal with their entry, acts in a way towards the Promoter, other entrants or Sky staff which the Promoter reasonably considers to be inappropriate, unlawful or offensive. If the winning entry is disqualified the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant.
24. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this Promotion.
25. This Promotion, and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. You irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Promotion.
CONTACT DETAILS. Any concerns? Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org Concerns won’t be considered if made more than 14 days after the date the winner is announced.
Bauer Radio Limited is the promoter of this Competition, see: http://www.bauerlegal.co.uk/radio-website-terms.html for details of our registered office and company number.