Win An Amazing Seven Night Trip to Canada!
Simon and Schuster
Expires: 30th September 2019
Enter for your chance to win a 7 night holiday to Canada! The prize includes:
· Roundtrip flights to Toronto, Canada from either London Gatwick, Manchester or Glasgow
· 7 day Intermediate motorhome hire with Canadream
· 1 night hotel accommodation in Toronto for the night before the motorhome trip commences
Competition Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. This Competition is organised by SIMON & SCHUSTER (UK) LIMITED of 222 Gray’s Inn Road, London, WC1X 8HB (the “Promoter”) and 1st Class Holidays Ltd (the “Co-Promoter”). The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or these Terms and Conditions without notice at any time, including, without limitation, in the event of an act of God or any other event outside of Promoter’s reasonable control. The Promoter shall notify all entrants of any such cancellation or amendment.
2. Only one entry per person is permitted. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who uses multiple accounts, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses or any technologies which permit multiple entries.
3. Each entrant must be a resident of the United Kingdom and aged 18 or over. Employees of the Promoter, the Co-Promoter or affiliated companies, immediate families or anyone professionally associated with this Competition draw and their immediate families, are excluded from entry.
4. Any entrants that are not qualified to enter the competition shall be disqualified. The Promoter also reserves the right to remove any entries from the competition is determines, at its sole discretion, to be in violation of these Terms and Conditions.
5. To enter, entrants must complete the above entry form and answer the entry questions set forth therein correctly.
6. By submitting your entry form, you:
• consent to the Promoter publishing and/or disclosing your name, county and a copy of your entry form if you win a prize;
• hereby grant to Promoter a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty free, perpetual licence to feature any or all of the content submitted to the Promoter in any media for publicity and marketing purposes, along with your image, likeness, voice or name.
7. The closing date for receipt of entries is [30.09.2019] (“Closing Date”). Entries submitted after the Closing Date will be invalid.
8. The Promoter and Co-promoter accept no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries including but not limited to messages not received due to technical disruptions, network congestion, loss in service of online entry mechanisms, computer error in transit or any other reason. The Promoter and Co-promoter cannot enter into correspondence with entrants who experience difficulties with entering online.
9. The winner will be the first correct answer chosen at random by 04.10.2019 by the Promoter under the supervision of an independent observer. The Promoter’s selection is final.
10. The winner shall be notified via email by 11.10.2019 and must respond confirming the prize via email within thirty (30) calendar days of receipt of the foregoing notification email from Promoter. Upon acceptance by the winner, the prize will be sent to the winner. If a selected winner does not confirm the prize via email within thirty (30) calendar days of receipt of the notification email from Promoter, Promoter may select another winner. Any winner that is not qualified to enter the competition shall be disqualified. The Promoter is not liable for any inability to contact with any entrant due to errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contract details provided by an entrant on an entry form or due to technical problems preventing the Promoter from obtaining accurate contact details, including, without limitation, any acts or omissions by any third party service provider.
11. The prize is:
• Two Roundtrip flights to Toronto, Canada flying from either London Gatwick, Manchester or Glasgow
• 7-day Intermediate motorhome hire with Canadream (with a maximum occupancy of two people)
• 1 night hotel accommodation in Toronto (with a maximum occupancy of two people) for the night befor e the motorhome trip commences
• 800km mileage allowance
• Payment of the additional driver fee for one additional driver
• Payment of fees for standard insurance coverage
• Payment of the vehicle preparation fee
• Lawn chairs
• Convenience kit
12. The prize is non-transferable, no money alternative is available, and no part of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions. The prize not valid with other offers.
13. Prize must be booked and taken by 31 Dec 2020
14. The prize is subject to availability. Campground fees are not included in the prize however First Class Holidays will provide the winner suggested itineraries including campground recommendations. The road trip route will pre-dominantly be the winner’s decision. Booking of the motorhome vehicle hire with Canadream must be made three (3) months prior to the winner’s desired pick-up date. A Canadream security deposit of $750 ($1500 if young driver 21 – 25) is compulsory on motorhome vehicle pick up. Credit Card is the only acceptable payment method for the Canadream security deposit. Flight tickets are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. Names and dates of travel cannot be altered once booked. Air Transat will not extend the validity of vouchers under any circumstances. Black out period for prize redemption is: 20 Dec 2019 – 7 Jan 2020, 8 Apr – 22 April 2020, 24th Jun – 2nd Sep 2020.
15. By entering the Competition all entrants:
• assign to the Promoter all rights (including present and future copyright) in their entry and all associated materials;
• waive all moral rights in such materials; and
• undertake to the Promoter that such materials are not and do not represent a breach of any third party intellectual property rights and will not contain anything, which is defamatory, indecent, harassing or threatening and that they will indemnify the Promotor for any loss, damage or liability which arises out of any breach of this clause 14.
16. For the avoidance of doubt, all rights in the name and title of the Competition and the format rights for the Competition are the property of the Promoter and the same may be exploited at their absolute discretion.
17. The Promotor shall have no liability for any losses or damages which may be suffered by an entrant (or any person claiming under or through the entrant), whether the same are suffered directly or indirectly or are immediate or consequential, and whether the same arise in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise howsoever, but Promotor does not exclude liability for:
• death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Promotor
• fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
• any other liability which cannot be excluded by law.
18. No forbearance or delay by either party in enforcing its rights shall prejudice or restrict the rights of that party, and no waiver of any such rights or of any breach of any contractual terms shall be deemed to be a waiver of any other right or of any later breach. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is judged to be illegal or unenforceable, the continuation in full force and effect of the remainder of the provisions will not be prejudiced. None of these Terms and Conditions are intended to confer a benefit on, or to be enforceable by, any person other than the entrant,Promotor or Co-Promoter.
19. These Terms and Conditions and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or the Competition will be governed by English law. The courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or the Competition.
20. Any questions, comments or complaints about this competition, or to obtain the name of the winner, please send an email to Richard.Vlietstra@simonandschuster.co.uk with “Big Summer Reading Competition” in the subject heading.
21. By entering into this competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (and by any other requirements or limitations set forth in promotional materials relating to this competition) which may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter.