Win an all-inclusive ski holiday for two
Expires: 18th March 2020
Enjoy a luxurious week in the snow with an all-inclusive week-long stay in the new Club Med Alpe d’Huez resort
Competition Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions
1. The Club Med prize draw (the “Prize Draw”) is open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over.
2. The Prize Draw is not open to employees or agencies of Guardian News & Media Limited (“GNM” or the “Promoter”), their group companies or family members, freelance contributors to GNM, employees of Club Med SAS or anyone else connected to the Prize Draw.
3. Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
4. To enter the Prize Draw you must provide a name, email and telephone contact in the form above. No purchase is necessary. If you have any questions about how to enter or otherwise in connection with the Prize Draw, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Club Med prize draw” in the subject line.
5. Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. You are responsible for the cost (if any) of sending your Prize Draw entry to us. The winner shall be the owner of the email address from which the selected winning entry is sent.
6. GNM accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by GNM.
7. The Prize Draw closes at 23:59 on 18 March 2020. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
8. The winner will receive a voucher for a seven-night Club Med holiday in Club Med Alpe d’Huez for two adults. The prize includes: Return economy flights; Group bus or taxi transfer; Superior Room accommodation; All meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks inside the Resort included as part of the standard package; All drinks included as part of the standard package; Available sports included as part of the standard package; Group ski or snowboard lessons; Lift passes; Evening entertainment.
The prize excludes: Travel between the winner’s home and the airport; Alternative premium room types; Meals or snacks outside the Resort; A la carte dishes; Premium drinks including premium sprits and Champagne; Land and water sports charged at extra costs, depending on services provided by the resort; Spa and excursion services; Visas; Travel insurance; Ski equipment.
Only one winner per household. GNM accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize that are not expressly included in the prize.
9. The winner will be selected by way of a random draw from all entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will take place on or after 18 March 2020.
10. The winner will be notified by phone or email on or after 20 March 2020 and given details of how to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to GNM within 14 days of being notified of their win, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and GNM shall be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these terms, the winner’s prize will be forfeited and GNM shall be entitled to select another winner.
11. The voucher is valid for a departure until the 28 March 2021 inclusive. Requests to book the holiday can only be processed three months maximum prior to the desired date of departure. Requests for departures earlier than three months ahead cannot be processed. Departure dates are subject to quotas and availability. The winner is advised to propose several departure options. Requests cannot be processed during school holidays. If you, as the winner, decide to cancel your holiday after the booking is confirmed, your holiday cannot be deferred and cannot be recouped. Once the holiday has been confirmed, the date of departure and the destination chosen are final and definitive. No modifications to the date of departure and/or the destination by the winner will be accepted when the confirmation has been sent.
12. The name and county of the winner can be obtained after 20 April 2020 by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Guardian Labs Project Management, Guardian News & Media Limited, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London N1 9GU.
13. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and not redeemable for cash or any other prize.
14. GNM reserves the right to substitute the prize with an alternative prize of similar value in the event that the original prize offered is not available. The prize is subject to availability and quota at time of booking.
15. The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Prize Draw and the winner shall participate in such activity on the Promoter’s reasonable request. The winner consents to the use by the Promoter and its related companies, both before and after the closing date of the Prize Draw for an unlimited time, of the winner’s voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by the Promoter and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Prize Draw, all entrants consent to the same.
17. GNM accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Prize Draw or accepting the prize. GNM further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Prize Draw. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of GNM under law for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence.
18. GNM reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its reasonable control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of GNM in all matters relating to the Prize Draw is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. GNM shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations relating to this Prize Draw where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
20. The Prize Draw and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by English law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
21. Promoter: Guardian News & Media Limited, Kings Place, 90 York Way, London, N1 9GU.