Win a weekend break
Expires: 31st March 2021
Peugeot are offering THREE lucky winners the chance to take their partner or a friend on a weekend road trip comprising:
• two nights at a boutique hotel, picked from a selection of locations around the UK
• a Peugeot 208 or 2008 to travel there and back in
• breakfast and evening meals
• a spa treatment for each person
• a traditional afternoon tea
Competition Terms and Conditions
1.ENTRY ROUTES AND COSTS
Entries are restricted to one entry per person.
Entry to the Competition is available via the following routes:
(A) Online at http://peugeotroadtrips.carmagazine.co.uk/win
Online entry is free of charge.
2.COMPETITION MECHANIC AND HOW TO WIN
To enter the Promotion, participants must fully complete their details on the entry form.
There will be three (3) winners of the Competition. All valid entries will be pooled and 3 winners will be selected by electronic random draw on or around Monday 5th April 2021.
3. ENTRY PERIOD
Entries must be submitted during the following entry period:
From Wednesday 23rd December 2020 at 11:00am (the “Start Time”) to Wednesday 31st March 2021 at 23:59pm (“End Time”).
Entries received before the Start Time or after the End Time will be invalid.
If a winner cannot be contacted within 7 days from the date of the initial attempt to contact them then we will re-draw until we draw (by electronic random selection) a winner that we are satisfied (in our sole discretion) fulfils all of the eligibility criteria and is in compliance with these Specific Terms.
4. ENTRY RESTRICTIONS
Entrants to the Competition must fulfil these Specific Terms, in addition to Bauer Media’s Competition General Terms & Conditions found here: https://www.bauerlegal.co.uk/competition-general-terms-and-conditions-20190304
Open to UK residents aged 25 years or over on date of entry.
Entrants must have a full UK driving licence (or be entitled to drive in the UK), not be subject to a driving ban or be determined to be unfit to drive on health grounds before or during the prize period, and be able to produce a copy of your licence to Peugeot before delivery of the car.
Our employees (and their family members) or employees of any company involved in the Competition, including any Prize Provider, are not permitted to enter.
Entries must not be submitted through agents or third parties, and any such entries will be invalid.
If anyone has won a competition on any Bauer Media brand (see below) to the value of £500 or more in the past 6 months, they or any person at the winning address will not be eligible to win the competition.
The full list of Bauer Media brands can be found here: https://www.bauermedia.co.uk/brands
We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant or winner who does not comply with any of the eligibility criteria and/or is in breach of these Specific Terms. We reserve the right to repeat the competition mechanic or any stage of it in order to draw a winner that fulfils all of the eligibility criteria and is in compliance with these Specific Terms.
5.1 THE PRIZE
Three winners will each receive the following prize package (the “Prize”):
5.1.1 THE PRIZE: Hotel
(1) 2 nights’ boutique hotel accommodation for two people in winner’s chosen location (from the available locations listed below), with a four-star rating, based on sharing a double or twin room with daily breakfast for 2 people; Daily three-course evening meal with drinks at a restaurant in winner’s chosen destination, up to a maximum value of £50 per person per day for 2 people;
(2) Fifty-minute spa treatment of winner’s choice at a day spa in winner’s chosen location (from the available locations listed below), with a range of facial and massage treatments available (exact treatment list will vary by destination) for 2 people;
(3) Traditional afternoon tea for 2 people at winner’s hotel, including selection of sandwiches, scones and cakes;
(4) Travel insurance to cover the duration of the Prize
Each element of the prize is to be taken at the same time.
We are not responsible for any aspect of the Hotel Prize, including unsatisfactory quality or late delivery or a Winner being unable to take up any aspect, or the entirety of the Hotel Prize due to their own circumstances or restrictions.
You must be able to take the Hotel Prize on the dates stated above, or on those dates otherwise offered by the Hotel Prize Provider, which may be subject to change and are at all times subject to availability. If you are unable to accept the Hotel Prize during the dates offered, we reserve the right to withdraw it and award the Prize to another entrant.
Any other excursions or activities which may be available on the holiday, but are not expressly mentioned in these Specific Terms, are not provided for or included within the Prize. The cost of any such excursions or activities are the sole responsibility of the Winner and any guests. We accept no liability for any such activities undertaken by a Winner or their guests whilst taking up the Prize.
5.2 THE PRIZE: Car loan
Also included in the Prize is the loan of a Peugeot 208 or 2008 for up to 7 days (“Car Loan Prize”), to be taken at the same time as the Hotel Prize. Such loan shall be subject to the terms and conditions set out below. For the purpose of these terms and conditions, the ‘Promoter’ is Peugeot Motor Company PLC (“Peugeot”) whose registered office is Pinley House, 2 Sunbeam Way, Coventry CV3 1ND registered in England No. 148545. Please do not send entries to this address.
1. The Car Loan Prize is the loan of a Peugeot 208 or 2008 (the “Vehicle”). The loan period shall commence on a date to be agreed in writing between the winner and the Promoter, provided that the loan period shall be completed by no later than 31st March 2022. The precise specification and/or model of the vehicle is dependent on stock availability and the Promoter reserves the right to offer a vehicle of a different model and/or specification, but the Promoter will do all possible to secure the Winner’s model and transmission of choice (Manual or Automatic).
2. Car Loan Prize does not include personal expenditure and other incidental costs including fuel, other than those specifically stated in these terms and conditions as being included.
3. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Car Loan Prize (or any part of the Car Loan Prize) for a prize or prizes of equivalent or greater monetary value if this is necessary for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control. There is no cash alternative to the Car Loan Prize (or any part of the Car Loan Prize) and unless the Promoter agrees otherwise in writing the Car Loan Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
4. If the winner is not eligible or able, for any reason, to accept the Car Loan Prize, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to award the Prize to another entrant.
5. The Vehicle may only be driven by the winner. If, at any time during the loan period, the winner becomes permanently or temporarily disqualified from driving or is unable to drive for any reason, the winner must notify the Promoter immediately and the Promoter shall arrange for the Vehicle to be collected.
6. During the loan period of the Vehicle, the winner must:
(a) not make any mechanical, electrical or structural modifications to the Vehicle without the express prior written consent of Promoter;
(b) make the Vehicle available to Promoter or any of its authorised representatives promptly (on the giving of not less than 2 days’ notice) to allow Promoter or any of its authorised representatives to inspect the Vehicle;
(c) only allow repair work to the Vehicle to be carried out by Promoter or franchised dealers specified by Promoter at a location convenient to the winner and with the prior consent of Promoter (except in the case of emergency repairs);
(d) not use the Vehicle for hire, reward, pace making, speed testing or any form of motor sport;
(e) not sell, pledge or loan the Vehicle to any third party, not to part with possession of the Vehicle, and to not allow any lien to come into being over the Vehicle for repairs or any other reason;
(f) not take the Vehicle outside the United Kingdom without the prior written permission of Promoter;
(g) immediately report to Promoter any accident or damage involving or suffered by the Vehicle during the loan period;
(h) immediately declare to Promoter any parking fines, penalties, or other motoring offences which are incurred in relation to the Vehicle during the loan period. For the avoidance of doubt, the winner shall be responsible for the payment of any such fines incurred in the loan period, irrespective of whether they become payable during or after the loan period;
(i) under no circumstance consume alcoholic beverages or intoxicating substances prior to or whilst driving the Vehicle, nor be under the influence of such substances while driving the Vehicle;
(j) drive the Vehicle only in accordance with applicable law and observing the relevant speed limits and other rules and restrictions, including those set out in the Highway Code; and
(j) return the Vehicle to the Promoter after the loan period with no more than reasonable ‘wear & tear’.
7. Promoter undertakes to pay, and remains at all times solely and fully responsible for, any taxation of the Vehicle, which is or may become payable from time to time in the United Kingdom, during the loan period.
8. THE PROMOTER SHALL ARRANGE WITH ITS INSURER AND BEAR THE COST OF THIRD PARTY LIABILITY INSURANCE FOR DAMAGE OR INJURY SUFFERED BY THIRD PARTIES ARISING FROM THE USE OF THE VEHICLE BY THE WINNER DURING THE LOAN PERIOD. IF THE WINNER WISHES TO ARRANGE INSURANCE COVER FOR THEIR OWN DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY OR THAT OR ANY PASSENGER IN THE VEHICLE ARISING FROM AN ACCIDENT IN THE VEHICLE, THE WINNER SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH ARRANGEMENTS AND SHALL PAY THE PREMIUM TO THEIR SELECTED INSURER.
9. The Winner will be required to complete a declaration for insurance purposes before the commencement of the Loan Period in which the Winner will be required to confirm their acceptance of the terms and conditions, including those of the insurance policy as described in paragraph 8 above. The Winner will be provided a copy of the motor insurance certificate and will be notified of the claims procedure under the relevant policy.
DATA PROTECTION. DATA PROTECTION. Names, email addresses, and /or telephone numbers will be collected and used to process entries. Winner’s details may be given to a Prize Provider to arrange delivery of the Prize. Entrants’ details will be given to a Prize Provider for marketing purposes only if the entrant has ‘opted-in’ to receive marketing from the Prize Provider upon entry to the competition. Your details may remain stored after the End Date but will not be used for marketing unless you have ticked an opt-in box on entry. If you have opted in to receive marketing communications, then your details will be used in accordance with the information given when you ticked the opt-in box and gave your consent. For more details, see: http://www.bauerdatapromise.co.uk/.
1. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND CONSENTS. By entering this Competition, you are consenting to our use of your entry both to publicise this Competition, the magazine or any other magazines or media platforms which we own or control. This means that we may use all names, images, descriptions, photographs video footage, and other information, which you have submitted on entry, in any media, without paying you any remuneration therefore and without any time restriction. You also agree that we may film, record or photograph you in connection with the competition and /or the Prize if applicable. We will own these films, recordings or photographs and we may use them publicly, including on the internet, in any of our magazines and/or for any promotional purposes. You will also have waived any moral rights or right to payment that you may have had.
Entries which do not comply with these Specific Terms or the General Competition Terms and Conditions will not be accepted, and any entries may be disqualified if we have any reason to suspect that there is a breach of, or non-compliance with, these Terms.
Where a competition mechanic involves the answering of questions, the correct answers to questions must match our answers to win (or be sufficiently close in our sole reasonable opinion) to be acceptable. In the event of any dispute about any answers given and whether they are correct, we reserve the right to amend what we deem a correct answer, however we are not obliged to, and our decision in either case is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
We accept no liability for network, technical or signal errors, issues or failures experienced by entrants when entering the Competition or at any stage during the mechanic of the Competition.
As part of your entry or playing of the Competition you must not make any inappropriate, profane, indecent, harmful or offensive statements. If you do so we reserve the right to disqualify you from the Competition. You may be also disqualified from the competition at any time if you are incomprehensible, inaudible or if you appear to be driving, intoxicated or likely to offend listeners, or take any action that is likely to reflect negatively on the Promoter. Any Prize already won may be withdrawn and re-awarded to another entrant.
As far as it is lawful to do so we exclude our liability for any losses suffered (including by a third party) in connection with the Competition or any element of the Prize.
We may cancel, end or suspend the Competition where we are required to do so in circumstances outside our control. We reserve the right to amend these Specific Terms at any stage during the Competition if such amendment is necessary to facilitate the administration of the Competition.
3. CONTACT DETAILS. Any concerns? Please email: email@example.com. Correspondence will not be entered into regarding any competition which has closed more than 14 days prior to correspondence being received.
Bauer Consumer Media Limited is the promoter of this Competition, see: http://www.bauerlegal.co.uk/ for details of our registered office and company number.