Win a wedding at Emirates Spinnaker Tower!
Expires: 29th February 2020
The prize includes venue hire for the ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening reception, flowers, congratulatory prosecco, staffing, toast prosecco and cake knife.*
To be in with the chance of winning this amazing prize, all you have to do is answer one simple question: At what height do couples say ‘I do’ at an Emirates Spinnaker Tower wedding?
Competition Terms and Conditions
By participating in any Competition you as an entrant agree to be bound by the Competition Rules (and any other rules which apply to each such Competition) and by our decisions, which are final in all matters relating to the Competition.
No purchase is necessary to enter the Competition.
All prizes are non-transferable. Arrangements for the fulfilment of prizes will be made by us or our third party sponsor. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to substitute any and all prizes with prizes of comparable value.
In the event that you win a Competition, in order to be eligible for prizes, you and your partner must (1) sign an affidavit of eligibility; (2) release us from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action for personal injury and/or damage, theft, or loss suffered in connection with this Competition or the use or acceptance of the prize or any portion thereof save where due to our negligence; and (3) sign a promotional release granting the right to use your name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation. You further agree to participate in reasonable promotional activities as requested by us or the sponsor of the Competition. Such activities may include having photographs featured on wedding web pages. Entry into any Competition constitutes your agreement to sign such releases and to participate in such promotional activities, if applicable.
If you are a winner, you (and your partner) must complete all legal documents and return them to us within three (3) working days of receipt from us. Non-compliance or notification returned as undeliverable as addressed will result in your disqualification as a winner and an alternative winner will be selected.
The receipt, by you if you are a winner, of any of the prize components of a Competition is conditional upon compliance with any and all laws, rules and regulations including without limitation the Competition Rules. Winners are solely responsible for all insurance, applicable taxes and for any expenses not specified in the prize description.
We reserve the right to implement age requirements or other eligibility criteria where necessary. Competitions are not open to our employees or those of affiliated companies and subsidiaries, nor to any sponsors, nor to the immediate families of such employees or sponsors.
Winner(s) will be notified by email as soon as possible after the Competition draw. For the names of the winner(s), please send an email to email@example.com specifying the Competition.
Winner(s) of Competitions agree that neither us nor our employees or any sponsors shall have any liability in connection with the acceptance or use of any of the prizes awarded herein. We reserve the right to disqualify any entrant and/or winner in our absolute discretion.
Emirates Spinnaker Tower will not be responsible for transmission and/or computer error affecting the logging of entries to a Competition or any acknowledgment required of a User.
GENERAL COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
A. General Competition Terms and Conditions
3. The Prize
4. Winner Selection and Contact
E. Contact Details and Further Information
If you do not agree with any part of the terms and conditions then you should not take part in the competition.
The terms and conditions may be amended at any time without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on the spinnakertower.co.uk website. It is your responsibility to ensure you review the terms and conditions regularly to familiarise yourself with any changes. We recommend that you print and store or save a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
A. General Competition Terms & Conditions
The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over at the time of entering the competition.
Entrants must be eligible to marry or enter a civil partnership, under UK law, and must not already be married or in a civil partnership at the time of entering the competition.
Employees and members of their immediate families (including any live-in partner) of the Promoter, companies and/or agencies associated with this competition, including the provider of the prize, or any person connected with the administration or otherwise of the competition and/or prize where applicable, are ineligible to enter. Any such entries are invalid.
The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to ask for evidence to verify the age, identity and/or eligibility of an entrant at any time, and to use any channels and methods available to carry out checks of any details provided. The Promoter may withhold delivery of the prize until it has received such evidence and failure to provide such evidence may result in forfeiture of the prize.
2.1. The opening date for the ‘Win a Wedding’ Prize competition is 1st February 2020 and the closing date and time is midnight on 29th February 2020. Any entries received before or after these times will be discounted.
2.2. In order to enter the competition, entrants must provide the information as indicated. Entrants may be required to provide their full name, full contact telephone number (including area code) or other method of contact (if applicable), email address and any other information as specified at the time of entering the competition. The Promoter will not be able to amend such information once entry to the competition has been made.
2.4. Entry to the competition must be by any of the following:
2.4.1 Web entry: Web entrants are required to follow the instructions on the website as indicated. Web entrants may receive a message confirming entry to the competition.
2.5. Entries are limited to one entry per person. Bulk entries are void and cannot be accepted
2.6 Entries must not be sent in through agents, third parties or on behalf of another person.
2.7 Any entries which are above the maximum number of entries for each method of entry as specified or which are incomplete, without all the required information, incomprehensible, made or received after the deadline for receiving entries has passed or which are not received by the Promoter or are not otherwise in accordance with the terms and conditions will be void and will be discounted.
2.8 In the event of any fault, mistake, misunderstanding or dispute concerning the operation of any part of the competition, the decision of the Promoter shall be final.
3. The Prize
3.1. The prize is as specified here:
Standard package full wedding at Emirates Spinnaker Tower*
Included: Venue hire for ceremony, wedding breakfast and evening reception, flowers (centrepieces and ceremony room; this does not include bouquets or button holes), congratulatory prosecco, staffing, toast prosecco, cake knife (does not include catering or Registrar fees)
Worth £4,900 in 2020 & £5,100 in 2021
3.2 The prize is subject to availability and the winner confirmation, i.e. the Promoter has managed to contact the winner and received confirmation of eligibility. The prize is also subject to the terms and conditions of the prize provider, their agents, and where applicable to the terms of the venue and/or the manufacturer.
3.3 All elements relating to such prize must be taken up during one period, and not on non-consecutive dates.
3.4 The wedding package, as detailed above, must be held before 30th November 2021. The date of the wedding must be agreed with the venue at least 4 months prior to the event taking place.
3.5 Where the prize necessitates travel and/or attending an event on a specific date, the winner must be available on the date(s) specified by the Promoter in the interaction information and no alternative dates will be available.
3.6. Where the prize and/or information relating to the prize is to be provided directly to the winner by a third party, the winner (and where applicable, their companion(s)) is (are) required to comply with all instructions and necessary requirements as may be specified by the third party to receive and/or take up the prize, including but not limited to contacting such third party within specified time frames, adhering to the itinerary as specified, paying any required charges and/or costs which are not included in the prize, completing any required forms including but not limited to booking forms and to delivering any required documentation to that third party, including but not limited to proof of identification. The Promoter will accept no responsibility and will not be liable to the winner or any other persons where the winner fails to comply with such instructions and such failure may result in forfeiture of the prize.
3.7. The winner (and where applicable, partner) may be required to provide their signature as proof of their agreement to relevant waivers, releases and/or consents when taking up the prize. Failure to sign any relevant documentation may result in forfeiture of the prize.
3.8. The prize excludes all other costs and arrangements not expressly included in the prize. Additional charges and expenses incurred for goods, services, attractions, facilities, upgrades, activities and events not expressly included in the prize are payable solely by the winner (and where applicable their partner). The Promoter will not be held liable where such charges and/or expenses are incurred, and no refund or reimbursement will be made. The Promoter will accept no responsibility where the winner is unable to pay in full, any such charges and/or expenses as incurred.
3.9. For delivery of the prize, we may ask you to be available at a specified time and place. This will be arranged with the team in order to organise the prize and to announce the competition winner for media and promotional purposes.
3.10. No cash equivalent (where applicable) or alternative prize will be given at the request of the winner and the prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable. However, the Promoter reserves the right to change the prize due to circumstances beyond its control or if any part of the prize otherwise becomes unavailable, and/or to offer an alternative prize. If for any reason the winner chooses not to take up the prize or any part of the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to ask the winner to confirm this in writing and the Promoter will be able to retain or dispose of the prize at its own discretion.
3.11. The Promoter may refuse to provide a prize, in the event of non-entitlement under the interaction terms and conditions or an entrant’s breach of the interaction terms and conditions, fraud or dishonesty, including but not limited to the use of technology which enables an entrant to evade applicable charges when entering the competition.
4. Winner Selection and Contact
4.1. The winner will be randomly selected from all correct entries. The prize draw for the winner will take place on 1st March 2020. The winner will be the first entry drawn at random from all entries, subject to eligibility and winner confirmation.
4.2. The winner will be contacted as soon as practicable on or after the draw date as indicated. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact a winner on the phone number provided when entering the competition or such other method of contact deemed appropriate by the Promoter in its sole discretion in the circumstances. If the winner cannot be contacted or successful contact is not made within a reasonable time period or if they fail to provide an address for delivery of the prize or fail to meet any of the eligibility requirements or are otherwise unable to comply with the terms and conditions, this may result in forfeiture of the prize and the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that entrant (without further liability to that entrant) and offer the prize to the next eligible entrant and thereafter until a winner is found.
4.3. Any entrant and/or winner must comply with any directions given to him or her by the Promoter, prize provider(s) and/or their agents and with all relevant laws, rules and regulations, restrictions, and itinerary. Failure to comply with instructions, itineraries, rules, restrictions, requirements, laws and guidelines may result in an invalid entry and/or forfeiture of the prize.
4.4 The winner will have their name on the contract and will be the person who has the wedding.
5.1 Nothing in the terms and conditions restricts your statutory rights as a consumer. For more details on these statutory rights you should contact your local Trading Standards Office or Citizen’s Advice Bureau.
5.2 Nothing in the terms and conditions shall exclude or limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by their staff or supplier’s negligence or for fraud.
5.3 Subject to 5.1 and 5.2, the Promoter does not accept responsibility for any fault, malfunction, damage, loss or disappointment suffered by you as an entrant or participant howsoever arising from participating in a competition, or from accepting any prize whether due to any error, omission or other cause by the Promoter, or its or their employees, agents or others.
5.4 Subject to 5.1 and 5.2, the Promoter is not responsible for any damage or loss caused to you (i) which is not reasonably foreseeable to you, and/or the Promoter when you agree to the terms and conditions (which occurs automatically when you enter a competition) or (ii) is reasonably foreseeable to you and to the Promoter, when you agree to the terms and conditions but is only indirectly related to you entering or participating in a competition.
5.5 Subject to 5.1 and 5.2, the Promoter reserves the right to amend any element of a competition or prize for reasons beyond their reasonable control, including but not limited to the unavailability of the competition entry platform before the closing date, or for strike, lock-out, labour dispute, illness, act of God, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, war, riot, civil commotion, accident, epidemic or pandemic, malicious damage, fire, flood and/or storm, compliance with law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, breakdown of plant, machinery or transportation. The Promoter is not responsible for any loss or damage caused to you as a result of any of these occurrences.
5.6 Subject to 5.1 and 5.2, the Promoter cannot promise that the services relating to a competition will be free from errors or omissions nor that they will be available uninterrupted and in a fully operating condition. These services may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of any problem with any telephone network or line, system, server, software, or for any technical malfunction or failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons reasonably beyond the control of the Promoter. The Promoter will not be liable to you or to any other person in the event that any entry is lost or not properly received, registered or recorded or where all or any part of the service relating to a competition, is discontinued, modified or changed in any way.
5.7 Subject to 5.1 and 5.2, the Promoter will not be liable to reimburse the cost or expenses incurred in making a competition entry or participating in a vote or poll where applicable.
5.8 Subject to 5.1 and 5.2, the Promoter does not accept responsibility for any incorrectly addressed or undelivered competition entries, or for any disruption, delay or misdirection of such entries.
6. Information and data (“personal data”) which is provided by you when you enter a competition or will be held and used by the Promoter and their service providers, network operators, suppliers and contractors in order to administer and fulfil the competition, prize and in connection with payments for entry to the competition.
7. The Promoter will only pass your data to third parties for marketing purposes if you have accepted to receive marketing information from those third parties.
9. The Promoter and/or the prize provider may be required to send personal data of the winner of a competition (and where applicable, their companion(s)) to third parties outside the United Kingdom, for the purposes of fulfilling and administering the competition and/or the prize and the competition winner agrees to such transfer for these purposes.
10. The winner of a competition may be required to participate in publicity. The Promoter (or any third party nominated by the Promoter) may exercise its sole discretion to use the competition winner’s (and if applicable their companion’s) name and image and their comments relating to the prize and competition experience for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid.
11. Competition winners will be listed on www.spinnakertower.co.uk and official social media channels associated with the Spinnaker Tower. Hence, your name and location may be published at www.spinnakertower.co.uk and on official social media channels associated with Spinnaker Tower if you are a winner.
12. You agree that you do not have any commercial relationship with the Promoter, and that you are not an agent of the Promoter.
13. The terms and conditions are available in English only and shall be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England unless the entrant to a competition is a Scottish or Northern Irish resident in which case he/she may choose the law of their residence and they irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales again unless the competition entrant is a Scottish or Northern Irish resident in which case they may choose the courts of their residence in Scotland or Northern Ireland.
14. These terms and conditions were last updated on 30th January 2020
E. Contact Details and Further Information
15. For a hard copy set of these terms and conditions please send a SAE to the Promoter’s address below.
Emirates Spinnaker Tower
Booking terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions
• Guest numbers and catering requirements must be confirmed 31 days prior to the event.
• Capacities: Ceremony: 70 Dining: 70 Reception: 200
• Clients are required to provide a full guest list a minimum of 48 hours prior the event taking place, to assist with our security checks. We will require a day-time and evening guest list.
• No external food or beverages are permitted on to the premises for consumption with the exception of a Wedding Cake.
• Catering costs are not included in this contract.
• Only nominated suppliers may cater for events at Emirates Spinnaker Tower.
• Payment for all pre-booked beverages must be received at least 31 days prior to the event, this includes any and all wine packages and specific beverage requests.
• Any pre-ordered alcohol is non-refundable from the time of purchase. We regret that we are unable to allow guests to take alcohol purchased at the Emirates Spinnaker Tower off-site.
• If wine, sparkling wine or champagne is not purchased through Emirates Spinnaker Tower a corkage fee will be charged from £10 per guest. Wine will be limited to half a (750ml) bottle per guest. Sparkling wine & champagne will be limited to two 125ml glasses per guest from a 750ml bottle.
• All corkage fees to be agreed and paid for 1 month prior to event date.
• Corkage applies to wine, sparkling wine and champagne no other alcohol is permitted.
• A bar tab facility is available and requires a pre-authorized debit or credit card.
• Strictly over 18’s, ID may be requested. We support challenge 25, If guests are lucky enough to look under 25 guests will be asked to prove that they are aged 18 or over when purchasing alcohol. If guests are under 18 they are committing an offence if they attempt to buy alcohol.
• Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or over and shall remain under the control and supervision of an adult at all times.
• For the safety and security of all our guests we will check visitors and their belongings before entry. Guests are requested not to bring large bags on to the Emirates Spinnaker Tower site.
• A cloakroom facility can be provided on arrival to the venue, however this is unmanned and therefore guests are reminded that the venue cannot accept liability for loss or damage to the property of any client or that of their guests throughout the duration of the event.
• The Emirates Spinnaker Tower reserves the right to refuse admission to or remove from the venue any person who acts in a disorderly manner or any person otherwise breaches the provision of these conditions.
• We reserve the right to perform bag searches at any point during the event should our staff have reasonable suspicion that a guest is carrying alcohol or any illegal materials.
• Car parking is available within Gunwharf Quays, standard parking charges will apply.
• Bridal car access can be arranged upon request via an access form, we require a minimum of 31 days’ notice and is limited to three vehicles, and this will include any external suppliers and entertainment.
• Access for contractors will be permitted from 1900hrs unless otherwise agreed by the venue.
• The venue requires the contact details for any and all contractors (including but not exclusive to; photographers, entertainment, event consultants and transportation etc.)
• The Emirates Spinnaker Tower accepts no liability for any equipment you bring into the venue, and we ask that you comply with rules set out in the Health & Safety at Work Act. Any contractors working on behalf of the client must ensure they operate within the statutory requirements of the venue. All electrical equipment brought on to site must be PAT tested, Emirates Spinnaker Tower also requires a copy of public liability insurance certificates.
• It is prohibited to bring any fireworks, candles or smoke bomb / machines or anything of a similar nature in to the venue. Please seek approval from a Manager/ the Sales & Events Coordinator before the event if this applies to anything you wish to bring on to site.
• Any property stored at the venue on behalf of the client must be collected the next working day. Property left longer than this period will be disposed of.
• Clients will be held responsible for any property damage and will be charged accordingly. A damage deposit may be required for certain events.
• The venue cannot accept liability for loss or damage to the property of any client or that of their guests throughout the duration of the event.
• The Emirates Spinnaker Tower reserves the right to refuse admission to any party and to alter or withdraw any package, facility, exhibit, event service or price as deemed appropriate.
• We regret that we do not allow confetti or party poppers on site.
• It is strongly recommended that you take out event insurance. Please contact your preferred broker.