Win a Slow Wight short break
Visit Isle of Wight
The Garlic Farm
Expires: 5th January 2020
This super prize package includes:
A self-catering two night stay for two at The Garlic Farm.
Return travel for two from London to Portsmouth or Southampton on South Western Railway
Return ferry travel to the Isle of Wight on Hovertravel, Wightlink or Red Funnel.
Electric bike hire for two from The Bay Boutique B&B.
A 48-hour group Southern Vectis bus rover ticket.
A selection of baked goods from The Island Bakers.
A free beer tasting at Ventnor Exchange.
A selection of IW cheeses from The Isle of Wight Cheese Company.
Tea/coffee and a scone (sweet or savoury) for two at Freshwater Coffee House..
Lunch for two at the Quarr Abbey teashop.
A three course meal for two at the Seaview Hotel, holder of a Michelin Bib Gourmand.
Watercolour tuition (1.5 hours) from Becky Samuleson
A pair of speckled beakers from Sue Paraskeva.
A family admission ticket to Brading Roman Villa.
A family ticket to the National Trust’s The Needles Battery.
Competition Terms and Conditions
The Visit Isle of Wight ‘Win a ‘Slow Travel Guide to the Isle of Wight short break’ (the “Competition”) is open to residents of the UK aged 18 and over.
The Competition is not open to employees or agencies of Visit Isle of Wight Ltd (“VIOW”), their group companies or family members or anyone else connected to the Competition.
Entry into the Competition is acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and those of other partners listed below.
To enter the Competition you must enter your details as above. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Competition, please email email@example.com with ‘Win a Slow Travel Guide to the Isle of Wight short break’ in the subject line.
Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed. You are responsible for the cost of sending your Competition entry to us.
No responsibility is taken for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt.
The Competition closes 23.59 on Sunday 5th January 2020. Entries received after that date and time will not be considered.
Winners will be chosen from a random draw of entries.
The prize is to be taken before the 31st March 2020.
The prize includes the following (please see individual items for specific ts and cs):
• A two night stay for two people in a self-catering cottage at The Garlic Farm. Must be taken outside of school holiday periods including 14th to 23rd February 2020.
&bull Travel from London to Portsmouth, Southampton or Lymington for two people on South Western Railway. Check South Western Railway for full ticket ts and cs.
&bull Travel to the Island for a car and up to four passengers via Red Funnel, Wightlink or Hovertravel (foot passengers only).
• Electric bike hire for two from The Bay Boutique B&B.
• A 48-hour group Southern Vectis bus rover ticket. This prize is offered through the Southernn Vectis app as an m-ticket.
• A selection of baked goods from The Island Bakers.
• A free beer tasting at Ventnor Exchange.
– Prize is for a beer tasting experience for two people at the Ventnor Exchange.
– Prize can not be exchanged for cash alternative.
– Prize can be used at any point during normal opening hours, except on show days.
• A selection of IW cheeses from The Isle of Wight Cheese Company.
• Tea/coffee and a scone (sweet or savoury) for two at Freshwater Coffee House.
• Lunch for two at the Quarr Abbey teashop.
– Prize is for lunch for 2 at Quarr Abbey teashop. All food and drinks will be included.
– Prize can not be exchanged for cash alternative.
– Any purchases made from Farm shop, Monastery shop or Art gallery whilst on site are not included in the prize.
– Prize is only valid for the duration of the slow guide stay and cannot be redeemed at an alternative time.
• A three course meal for two at the Seaview Hotel, holder of a Michelin Bib Gourmand. Booking essential, voucher cannot be exchanged for cash.
• Watercolour tuition (1.5 hours) from Becky Samuleson. Excludes Feb 5-9, March 4-9, Booking subject to availability.
• A pair of speckled beakers from Sue Paraskeva. Pick up the beakers by appointment in advance. Winner must contact Sue directly on sueparaskeva.co.uk to collect prize.
• A family admission ticket to Brading Roman Villa.
• A family ticket to the National Trust’s The Needles Battery.
The winner of the Competition will be notified by email on or before 10th January 2020 and given details of how to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to VIOW within 5 days of being notified by VIOW, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and VIOW shall be entitled to select another winner (and that winner will have to respond to the email from VIOW within 5 days or else they will also forfeit their prize).
By opting in to receive updates from VIOW, you agree that VIOW may
– Transfer your contact details to a mailing list
– Store your contact details in the mailing list
– Send you marketing emails from the mailing list
– Track interactions for email marketing and ad placement purposes
By opting in to receive updates from our competition partners, you agree that Visit Isle of Wight can share your contact details with partners associated with this competition who may then use the data in different ways. This will include: The Garlic Farm, South Western Railway, Wightlink, Red Funnel, Hovertravel, The Bay Boutique B&B, Southern Vectis, The Island Bakers, The Isle of Wight Cheese Company, Freshwater Coffee House, Quarr Abbey, Becky Samuelson, Sue Paraskeva, Brading Roman Villa, the National Trust.
Please note you can unsubscribe and/or have your data removed from the mailing list at any time. Please read VIOW’s privacy notice here. This includes how VIOW processes your personal information.
The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
VIOW retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
The winner may be required for promotional activity.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the liability of VIOW for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
VIOW accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Competition or accepting the prize. VIOW further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Competition.
VIOW reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Competition with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of VIOW in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
VIOW shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
The Competition will be governed by English law.
Promoter: Visit Isle of Wight, The Guildhall, High Street, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 1TY.