Win a seven-night canal boat holiday for eight
Expires: 5th May 2020
Jump aboard and enjoy the peace and quiet that only a boating holiday can offer. Tesco has teamed up with ABC Boat Hire to give readers the chance to win one of two boating holidays.
There’s a choice of 10 departure locations within Berkshire, Worcestershire, Cheshire, Shropshire, Northamptonshire, Wiltshire, South Wales or the Welsh borders – and every spot is beautiful. As captain of your vessel, you and up to seven guests decide where to stop.
The prize also includes bed linen, towels, fuel and damage waiver, and the kitchen is equipped with a full range of crockery, cutlery, pots, pans and utensils. You’ll also receive full training, as well as buoyancy aids and a boat licence.
Whether you want a family holiday or a trip with friends, this prize has got it covered.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter is: Tesco Stores Ltd., Tesco House, Shire Park, Kestrel Way, Welwyn Garden City, AL7 1GA.
2. Eligibility: This prize promotion is open to all UK residents (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland) aged 18 or over, except for anyone directly connected with the planning or administration of the prize promotion including Tesco employees, Cedar Communications employees, their agencies and their immediate families (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent and/or ‘step’ family).
3. To enter: Entry is via tes.co/canalboat. Participants must provide their full name, phone number and email address to be entered into the prize draw.
4. Promotional Period: The prize draw opens at 00:01 on 28 March 2020 and closes at 23:55 on 5 May 2020.
5. Entries that are incomplete, corrupted, delayed, wrongly delivered, or not received for whatever reason will not be accepted.
6. One entry per household. If you enter more than once, we’ll accept your first entry only and disqualify all other entries.
7. No third party or bulk entries. Entries via third parties or syndicates, entries by macros or other automated means and entries which do not satisfy the requirements of these terms and conditions in full will be disqualified. If it becomes apparent that either a participant or household is using any means to circumvent this condition such as, and without limitation, multiple accounts, multiple reproduced or computer generated entries, fraudulently falsifying data, in the opinion of the promoter or otherwise acting in violation of these terms, these participants will be disqualified and any prize entitlement will be void.
8. The entry instructions form part of the rules. By entering, you agree to accept and be bound by the rules.
9. Winner Selection: There are two winners of the prize draw. The winners of the prize draw will be the first two entries randomly selected from all entries that meet the entry criteria by an independently verified computer generated system after the closing time and date.
10. Prize fund: There are two prizes. Each prize is a seven-night, self-drive, self-catering canal boat holiday with ABC Boat Hire for up to eight people. Maximum prize value of £2,800 per winner. Each winner, and their chosen guests, will stay on a canal boat that sleeps 8 people, and can choose from one of 10 departure locations: Aldermaston Wharf – Berkshire, Alvechurch Marina – Worcestershire, Anderton Marina – Cheshire, Blackwater Meadow Marina – Shropshire, Gayton Marina – Northamptonshire, Hilperton Marina – Wiltshire, Whitchurch Marina – Shropshire, Worcester Marina – Worcestershire, Goytre Wharf – South Wales or Wrenbury Mill – Welsh Borders. Prize excludes departures from Falkirk – Fourth & Clyde, March, Rugby, Union Wharf, Gailey and Reedley.
Travel to and departure from boatyard is at winner’s own cost. The prize includes bed linen, towels, fuel and damage waiver.
There must be a minimum crew of two adults (18+) to operate the boat safely.
Any additional supplements included at time of booking will need to be covered by the winner at their own expense.
Each prize must be taken by 31 October 2020, subject to availability.
Prizes do not include travel to/from boatyard departure point, meals, beverages, spending money, mooring costs (most canals are free), additional toilet tank emptying, extra licenses for some routes, travel insurance or any additional boating costs. Cars left in boatyard car-parks are left at owner’s risk.
The holiday is subject to ABC Boat Hire Terms and Conditions of hire.
11. There is no alternative to the prize stated and the prize must be accepted by the named winner. The prize cannot be transferred to anyone else.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value should circumstances outside its control make this necessary.
13. Winner notification: Each winner will be notified by email or phone within 28 days of the closing date and will have 14 days to accept their prize. If we cannot contact a winner or if a winner does not return necessary details, we will try again and if we don’t hear within a further 14 days, the prize will be redrawn and awarded to a new winner.
14. Where we suspect that an individual has breached these T&Cs we reserve the right to verify the winner and ask for proof of identity, age and address and that they are the person associated with the winning notification.
15. As part of the prize promotion we collect the following personal data: name, email address, and phone number.
16. The details of each winner will be passed onto a third party for prize administration but will not be used for any other purpose.
17. We reserve the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion for whatever reason, with no liability to any entrants or third parties if the failure to deliver our obligations is outside our reasonable control. However, if this happens we will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid consumer disappointment.
18. Entry into the Promotion is at the entrant’s sole risk. To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter does not accept any responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury, costs, expenses or claims (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) suffered by entrants or any third parties arising out of or in connection with the Promotion and/or accepting a prize. The Promoter further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to entrants or any other person relating to or resulting from participation with this Promotion save that nothing in these terms and conditions shall act to limit or exclude the Promoter’s liability resulting from its negligence or fraud.
19. The promoter’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
20. The application and interpretation of these terms and conditions shall be governed by the law of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to any dispute concerning them.
21. Data Protection: To find out more about how we use and protect your personal data, as well as your privacy rights visit tesco.com/help/privacy-and-cookies/privacy-centre/privacy-policy-information/privacy-policy/.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, amend, withdraw, terminate or temporarily suspend this Promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties but will use all reasonable endeavours to avoid consumer disappointment. Such circumstances include, but are not limited to: industrial action, civil unrest, fire, flood, storms, earthquakes, acts of terrorism, acts of war, governmental action or any other event that is beyond the control of the Promoter.