Win a sailing holiday to the British Virgin Islands
Expires: 31st December 2019
You’re in! That’s right, you’re one step closer to Caribbean sunshine, turquoise waters and sweet, sweet rum. It’s easy, simply enter your details to be in with the chance of winning that once-in-a-lifetime British Virgin Islands yacht trip, as well as 100’s of prizes every single week until December 31st 2019.
Competition Terms and Conditions
BVI Competition – Terms and Conditions for Turtle Bay prizes
1. You must have entered your details on our entry page before 31st December to enter into the competition.
2. Any entries received before the 2nd September and after the 31st December will be invalid and will not be entered into the competition.
3. Each week, 100 winners will be drawn at random from those that have registered in the past 7 days.
4. Winners will be contacted by email.
5. Winning a weekly prize doesn’t exclude you from being in the main draw to win a holiday, or to win future weekly prizes.
6. Multiple entries per person are allowed.
7. You are only permitted 1 entry per day.
8. The prizes include Turtle Bay food and drink items and discounts that can be redeemed at any Turtle Bay restaurant, plus alcohol-based prizes such as bottles of rum
9. All discount and free items can only be redeemed using the Turtle Bay App.
10. You must be over the age of 18 to enter the competition.
11. For alcohol-based prizes, we will request sight of proof of age and full address details in order to send the prize out. This can be sent as a scan or photo via email. The document will not be retained.
12. No prize or cash alternatives.
13. Prizes cannot be transferred to others.
14. Turtle Bay reserves the right to change or remove the weekly prizes
15. Turtle Bay food and drink items and discount prizes cannot be used with any other discount or free item.
16. Expiry date of prizes will be detailed on the prize detail on the App.
17. Turtle Bay staff or suppliers are excluded from entering.
Grand Price T&C’s
- “Prizes” means two round trip tickets from London Gatwick Airport, UK on British Airways and interCaribbean Airlines to Beef Island, Tortola, 7 nights sailing on a “by the cabin” week with Dream Yacht Charter.
- “Competition” means the competition described on the Website or in any branch of Turtle Bay restaurant and as governed by these Terms and Conditions;
- “Entrant” means any individual who has entered this competition pursuant to clause 2 who is a resident in the United Kingdom with a valid EU passport, and submits the information as required in these terms or any relevant entry instructions;
- “Website” means www.turtlebay.co.uk/win;
- “Terms and Conditions” means the terms and conditions set out in this document; and
- “Winner” means the Entrant who will win the grand Prize.
2. Entering the Competition
- The Competition is open to UK residents aged 18 years or over excluding employees and the families of the Promoter and associated companies including Turtle Bay Restaurants, Dream Yacht Charter, and The British Virgin Islands Tourist Board or anyone professionally connected with the administration of the Competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of all Entrants and to disqualify any Entrant if they have reasonable grounds to believe the Entrant has breached any of these Terms and Conditions.
- Complete the form online on the Website with details of your name, email address and mobile number to enter.
- The Competition Periods shall be as follows:
- Monday 2nd September 2019 until 31st December 2019
- The winner agrees to share a minimum of 10 photos with Turtle Bay, The British Virgin Islands Tourist Board and Dream Yacht Charter
- The winner agrees to partake in some public relations activity with Turtle Bay Restaurants, The British Virgin Islands Tourist Board and Dream Yacht Charter both following the final draw and on completion of the holiday.
- The winner must confirm their acceptance of the prize, the terms and conditions and their attendance to the holiday within 24 hours of being notified. If the winner does not want to accept or does not qualify, we reserve the right to redraw after this time.
- By entering the Competition, all Entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. All entry instructions form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- The holiday must be taken before 31st August 2020. If it is not, the prize will no longer be valid.
3. Legal Terms
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter or terminate this Competition at any time.
- By entering the Competition, Entrants hereby warrant that all entry details submitted are true, current and complete. Competition Entrants are providing information to The British Virgin Islands Tourist Board, Turtle Bay Restaurant, Dream Yacht Charter.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for any entry or content that is lost, delayed, misdirected, corrupted or incomplete or which cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason.
4. How to Win
- There are 100 prizes each week that will be awarded. Full Terms and Conditions on these prizes can be found here https://www.turtlebay.co.uk/bvi-competition-tcs. Wining a weekly prize does not remove entries from the grand holiday prize draw.
- The grand holiday prize winner will be drawn on Wednesday 15th January 2020. The Winner shall be contacted on that day using the contact details provided in their entry form. The Promoter shall not be responsible if they are unable to contact any Winner using the details provided.
- The Winner shall be required to accept their Prize within 24 hours of being contacted. If the Winner is unable to accept the Prize or the Promoter cannot contact any Winner within this period, the Promoter shall be entitled (but not required) to randomly select an alternative Winner.
- Entrants will be eligible to win small prizes leading up to the final draw for the BVI holiday. This will not affect the entrant’s eligibility for the final prize. Turtle Bay reserves the right to change or remove the weekly prizes. Full Terms and Conditions on these prizes can be found here https://www.turtlebay.co.uk/bv… Grand BVI Holiday prize is two round trip tickets from London Gatwick Airport, UK on British Airways in economy class and interCaribbean Airlines to Beef Island, Tortola, 7 nights sailing on a “by the cabin” week with Dream Yacht Charter and 1 night in a hotel upon your arrival in the British Virgin Islands.
- The holiday does not include travel insurance, food (other than while on the yacht where meals are included), drinks, any transfers, taxis, car rentals, excess baggage fees or airport taxes. Transfers to and from London Gatwick, and any overnight accommodation required are also not included.
- Winners will each be awarded an original prize certificate which must be presented and surrendered at check-in or prevailing hotel rates will apply. Altered or copied certificates will not be accepted. The prize is non-transferable, non-endorsable, non-refundable, non-negotiable and has no cash redemption value or cash alternative.
- The Prizes are subject to availability of the yacht and the villa and cannot be taken during peak seasons as follows:
- February 8th 2020 – February 22nd 2020
- April 4th 2020 – April 18th 2020
- The prize certificate will contain all the relevant contact details required for the Winner to make the reservations. The certificate will be subject to any terms printed on it or in any accompanying letter or memo. The prize certificate will contain all the relevant details for booking the Prize directly with Dream Yacht Charter and the Winner will be solely responsible for making the arrangements in order to redeem their Prize. Once the booking with Dream Yacht Charter is completed, the Winner will contact the Promoter with the names of travellers and the dates of travel to have their flight booked from London Gatwick Airport to the British Virgin Islands. Failure to follow the instructions or to make a reservation will result in the Prize being forfeited.
- Once dates are confirmed there will be an administration fee payable by the Winner for any changes made to the reservation by the Winner.
6. Other Legal Terms
- The Winner must be one of the people travelling for the Prize.
- If any Winner cancels the booking that Winner shall no longer be eligible for any Prize.
- The Winners’ booking is accepted on the understanding that in the unlikely event of an overbooking on the yacht or villa, priority will be given to full revenue bookings, in which event you may be offered alternative dates or hotel.
- The Winner and their guest are solely responsible for their own passports, visas, insurance, any vaccinations or other travel costs or expenses not expressly included in the Prize (including but not limited to spending money, tips and domestic transport).
- The Winner will be solely responsible for paying any relevant local taxes. Any such local taxes or charges are the Winners’ responsibility and shall be payable at check-in or as required.
- The Prize is also subject to booking availability of British Airways and interCaribbean Airlines standard terms and booking conditions.
- The Winners must be 18 years old or over and their guest 14 years old or over. Winner and guest are responsible for complying with all travel and health requirements and recommendations for the country of destination.
- The Winner accepts that the Promoter will have the right, without additional payment or permission, to use his/her name and county of residence for the purposes of announcing the Winner and for related promotional purposes.
- There are no cash or other alternatives to the Prize stated. The Promoter reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that circumstances beyond its control mean that the Prize as described cannot be provided. The Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The Promoter shall comply with all relevant data protection legislation.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales. Any claims and/or disputes arising out or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- The Promoter of this Competition is British Virgin Islands Tourist Board, BVI House, 15 Upper Grosvenor Street, London, W1K 7PJ, UK. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ENTRIES TO THIS ADDRESS.
- The Promoter’s decision is binding in all matters and communication in relation to its decisions shall not be entered into.
- The Winner agrees to comply with all terms and conditions, rules, regulations or any other reasonable instructions of the villa, yacht, airline and any other partner organisations involved in the administration of this Competition and the Prize.
- By entering the Competition, the Winner agrees to take part in any publicity relating to competition should you be invited to do so without compensation and the Promoter reserves the right to publish the Winner’s name and county in any materials relating to this Competition.
- The Promoter provides no warranty or guarantee in relation to the Prize. To the fullest extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from Entrants’ entry in the competition or from the Winner’s enjoyment of the Prize.
- By entering the Competition Entrants accept these terms and conditions. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in disqualification from the competition and forfeiture of the Prize.
- The name and county of the Winner shall be available for a period of 3 months from December 5th 2020 by writing to the Promoters address including a stamped and self-addressed envelope.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions as required. Please retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for your reference.