Win a luxury holiday for two to Malaysia in 2021
Expires: 1st July 2020
MailOnline have teamed up with Malaysia Airlines to offer one lucky winner two return Business Class flights with Malaysia Airlines to Langkawi from Heathrow for travel next year. The prize includes a four night B&B stay for two in a Canopy Deluxe Room at The Datai Langkawi, airport transfers, a Journey Through The Forests (canopy walk) with the resident naturalist, and an hour-long massage per person
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw (the “Promotion”) is only open to UK residents, excluding employees and agents of (a) the Promoter or (b) any company connected with the production or distribution of this Promotion, as well as their relatives or members of their family or household. This competition is not open to employees of Malaysia Airlines or any companies, agencies, families, Datai and its representative agencies in the UK and Mail Metro Media employees directly connected with the administration of this Promotion.
2. Entrants must be aged 18 years or over at the time of entry. Proof of eligibility must be provided upon request. By entering the Promotion you are deemed to accept and be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. The Promotion is free to enter and entrants can enter by entering their name and email on the competition hub page. Only one entry will be accepted per person or email address.
4. The Promotion will start at [00:01] on 10th June 2020 and the closing time/date for the Promotion is [23:59] on 1st July 2020.
5. There will be one winner who will be selected in a random draw by an independent judge from all eligible entries, held on the 2nd July 2020. The winner(s) will be notified by the Promoter by email within one week of this date and will be given details of how to accept their prize. Failure by the winner(s) to accept the prize in the manner specified within one week of the Promoter’s email will make any claim invalid and the Promoter will then select another winner (again selected randomly in a draw) from all remaining eligible entries who will be contacted as above.
6. The prize is a holiday for the winner and one other person travelling together on return Business Class tickets with Malaysia Airlines on flights to Langkawi via Kuala Lumpur, inclusive of taxes and charges, departing from Heathrow and accommodation for 2 persons at The Datai Langkawi.
7. The prize is valid for travel in 2021, subject to availability. Please note travel over the UK and Malaysia national holidays, including UK school holidays are not permitted. Both passengers must travel together.
8. The guest of the winner must be 18 years or over.
9. The prize does not include travel insurance, visas, meals or any other costs of a personal nature not stated (including spending money) for the winner and their companion.
10. The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
11. Winners must ensure that they have valid passports, visas and travel insurance at the time of travel. No responsibility will be taken if the winners are unable to travel due to insufficient documentation.
12. Compliance with any health or other government requirements is the responsibility of the winner. It is the responsibility of the winner to enquire about local issues and conditions at destinations before travel.
13. Gifts, prizes and other promotional items are not transferable, may not be re-sold and are subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right in their reasonable discretion to substitute any such gift, prize or item with a gift, prize or item of equal value.
14. The name and county of the prize winner will be available after the closing date by submitting a written request to the Promoter.
15. Entrants agree to provide reasonable cooperation to allow the Promoter to use the name and/or likeness of the winner for advertising and publicity purposes in connection with this Promotion including but not limited to publication of the winner’s name and photograph on the Promoter’s websites. In addition, by submitting an entry and in consideration of the Promoter granting a right to enter the Promotion, entrants agree to grant the Promoter a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to any materials contained in the entry (including but not limited to text, images or video materials) (the “Materials”) worldwide and/or to incorporate the Materials in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in the Materials. By submitting Materials to the competition, an entrant:
a. warrants that the Materials are its own original work and that it has the right to make them available for all the purposes specified above; that it does not infringe any law; that it is not obscene or libellous; and that it does not violate the rights of any third party;
b. agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred as a result of a breach of the above warranty;
c. agrees to waive any moral rights in the Materials for the purposes of its submission to, and publication by, the Promoter and the purposes specified above.
16. The prize includes four-night/five-day stay for two persons inclusive of daily breakfast in a Canopy Deluxe Room at The Datai Langkawi –
17. The prize includes:
Return airport transfers
Journey through the Forests (Canopy Walk) for 2 persons with our resident naturalist
One 60 minute massage per person
18. Black-out dates (where the prize may not be taken are as follows):
1 & 2 January 2021
15 January 2021 to 20 February 2021
1 to 7 April 2021
21 to 31 December 2021
19. The ticket/s are non-transferable and non re-routeable in any way. The ticket cannot be transferred into another person’s name and it cannot be exchanged or sold for cash and cannot be changed to any origin or destination. All flights are to depart and arrive from London Heathrow Airport.
20. The validity of the ticket will be as per the prize winner’s letter, i.e. one year in 2021 avoiding Easter, Summer Peak season, Christmas & New Year and half term school holidays.
21. The prize must be used by the winner and companion travelling together on the same flights/dates. Flight booking must be made no later than 12 December 2020 and are subject to availability at the time of booking.
22. If the prize is not claimed by the expiry date stated, the prize will be forfeited and no correspondence will be entered into. All travel must be completed within one month from ticket date of departure.
23. Malaysia Airlines shall pay any applicable transportation taxes and government imposed fees related to the prize.
24. Prize does not include travel on oneworld carriers or designated codeshare flights where Malaysia Airlines is not the operating carrier. All travel must be completed before the expiry date and no extension of validity will be made.
25. Except as otherwise provided, the prize winner and their travelling companion (the “winners”) are responsible for: any and all costs, expenses and taxes not expressly described herein including, without limitation, ground transportation, accommodation, gratuities, merchandise, telephone calls, personal expenses of any nature for overnight layover, meals and beverages, service charges and entertainment. The winners will be responsible for their own travel insurance. It is the responsibility of the winners to ensure they have a valid passport each and obtain any necessary vaccination or visas for their trip.
26. Prize tickets are not entitled to any Upgrades, Access to Golden Lounges and Excess Baggage. Mileage accrual is not available for this complimentary ticket.
27. Once tickets are issued they are non-changeable, non-refundable, or upgradeable. Once booked, the origin and destination, flight time and date of travel cannot be changed. Stopovers are not permitted. Flights are subject to Malaysia Airlines’ terms and conditions of carriage, which can be found at www.malaysiaairlines.com/
28. Any personal information provided to us during the entry process (including but not limited to your name, e-mail address, telephone number and date of birth) must be correct. We accept no responsibility for any incorrect personal information provided to us.
31. The determination and decision of the Promoter on all matters shall be final and no promotional correspondence or discussion will be entered into. The Promoter reserves the right in its reasonable discretion: (a) to disqualify any claimant, competitor or nominee whose conduct is contrary to the spirit of the rules or the intention of the promotion and to declare as void any or all of their claims or entries based on such conduct; (b) to declare as void any claims or entries resulting from any printing, production and/or distribution errors (including but not limited to any error(s) on any website of the Promoter, any game cards and/or other printed materials) or where there has been error(s) in any aspect of the preparation for or conduct of the promotion materially affecting the result of the promotion or the number of claimants or the value of claims; (c) to add to or to waive any rules on reasonable notice; and/or (d) to cancel the promotion or any part of it at any stage in the event of circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control.
32. No entries will be accepted in bulk, from agents or third parties.
33. The prize winner is solely responsible for declaring details of any award provided under the promotion to HMRC and for paying any tax liability which may arise.
34. To the fullest extent permitted by law (and subject to paragraph 16 below), the Promoter hereby excludes all warranties, representations, covenants and liabilities (whether express or implied) relating to this Promotion and/or the prize.
35. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude the Promoter’s liability for: (i) death or personal injury as a result of its negligence; (ii) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or (iii) any liability that cannot be limited or excluded by law.
36. The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, suspend or cancel the Promotion should virus, bugs, tampering, fraud or other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter corrupt or hinder the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion.
37. If any of the provisions of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part that part shall be severed from the remainder of the provisions and the validity of the other provisions and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected.
38. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and any dispute shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
39. The Promoter is Malaysia Airlines, with company number FC032653 and registered office at Malaysia Airlines Administration Building South Support Zone Selangor, Sepang, Malaysia 64000.