WIN! A Christmas trip to London plus Sky Cinema for a year with A Boy Called Christmas
Send in your stories of hope and joy from the past year.
Expires: 25th November 2021
The exclusive trip bundle includes travel and luxury hotel accommodation, tickets to the wonderful Natural History Museum Ice Rink presented by A Boy Called Christmas, West End theatre tickets and a trip to Hamleys in preparation for Father Christmas.
Competition Terms and Conditions
Each of the 5 winners will receive the following Prize:
a) 1x Sky Q TV subscription for 12 months to include the following: Sky Q Complete Bundle TV package including Sky Sports Complete and Sky Cinema; 1x Sky Q Multiscreen subscription; free standard installation provided by Sky subject to the Prize conditions; and Sky will also loan the prize winnwe 1x Sky Q 2 TB box and 1 x Sky Q Mini box at no charge.
b) 1x Family Trip to London (2 adults, 2 children under 16 years), including the following: Return train travel within the mainland UK to London; Return station transfers in London; 2 nights’ hotel accommodation in London (4-star minimum rating), based on sharing a quadruple occupancy room; 4x tickets to West End show (1x ticket per person); £400 spending money (Winner only).
Sky Q Prize Terms
a) The winner will be required to enter into a new Sky Q TV subscription contract. If the winner is an existing Sky TV customer, your existing Sky TV subscriptions will come to an end and you must enter into a new Sky Q TV subscription contract.
b) After your 12-month free Sky Q TV subscription comes to an end, standard subscription length (18 months) and prices at the time of re-contracting will apply, unless you change or cancel your package, giving Sky at least 31 days’ notice. Standard subscription prices may change. Please refer to www.sky.com for current pricing. You must be over 18 and resident in the United Kingdom.
c) The Prize does not include: a broadband subscription (to experience Sky Q features to the full, we recommend connecting your boxes to home broadband); Sky Box Office, Sky Store purchases/rentals, Stand-alone Premium Channels, or pay-per-view services and events.
d) Watching on an extra TV screen comes at a one-off cost of £99 and Sky will loan you an extra Sky Q Mini at no cost (recommend connecting no more than 4 Sky Q Minis in total)
e) Prices, programmes/channels are subject to change.
f) Engineer set-up required.
g) The winner must get any consents required (e.g. landlord’s) prior to installation.
h) Winners must redeem the prize within a year. Winners who are in a current pay-TV contract with another provider may defer their Prize for a maximum of 12 months from the date of winning. If a winner does not redeem his/her Prize within 12 months from the date of winning, this could result in loss of the Prize. If the winner has a previous uncleared debt with Sky the winner will not be able to take up the Prize until this debt has been fully cleared.
i) There is no cash alternative to the Prize or any element thereof and unless agreed otherwise in writing the Prize is non-refundable and non-transferable.
j) Sky reserves the right to refuse or withdraw the Prize if a winner or a party authorised by the winner to act on their behalf, threatens or abuses a Staff employee or otherwise conducts themselves in a manner that Sky reasonably regards as inappropriate, offensive or unlawful.
k) Prize winner will own the Sky dish. The Sky Q box, the Sky Q Mini and all other Sky Q kit is loaned to the winner at no cost and must be returned when the winner’s 12-month prize subscription terminates or when the winner leaves Sky, whichever is earlier. Mechanical faults with the Sky Q kit will be repaired at no cost.
l) Sky Q installations usually average a 28-day waiting period. Installation may be subject to delays at this time.
Family Trip to London Prize
a) Family Trip to London: The Recipients must travel at the same time with the same itinerary; At least one traveller must be aged 18 or over; Children under 18 will require parent or guardian permission prior to travel; Standard class train travel within mainland UK only; Spending money to the value of £400 GBP will be provided via bank transfer to the winner’s nominated account, recipient of funds must be aged 18 or over; A valid credit or debit card will be required for security deposit purposes when checking into accommodation; accommodation for 2 nights in total and is based on two adults and two children under 16 years old sharing 1 quadruple occupancy room at a hotel in London; Hotel accommodation will be selected by the prize provider at their sole discretion; Prize is non-transferable and non-refundable; No cash alternative is available; All prize elements are subject to availability; The prize cannot be taken from 22nd December – 2nd January (Christmas and New Year), over UK public holidays, or over Easter Sunday; The prize is valid for 12 months from the date of notification of winning, and travel must be booked and completed within that time frame; All elements of the prize must be taken at the same time; Once booked, the prize cannot be altered or amended; The prize excludes domestic ground transfers; The prize excludes meals and drinks (except where stated above), excursions, attractions, treatments, car hire, visas and personal expenses and anything not expressly included in the prize; Winner will be provided with a list of available West End shows, subject to availability; Prize must be taken in accordance with any government guidelines and COVID-19 rules and restrictions in place at the time of travel.
A BOY CALLED CHRISTMAS: HOPE AND JOY (THE “PROMOTION”) ONLINE RULES:
By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these “Terms and Conditions”). Phoning, texting or emailing to enter the Promotion or completing and submitting an entry form will also be deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Promotional materials relating to the Promotion, including all information on how to enter the Promotion published by the Promoter (including on social media if applicable) or on the Promoter’s websites, also apply to the Promotion. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotional materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
Participation in the Promotion
1. Residents of the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland) aged 18 or over only, except employees and agents of the Promoter or Wireless Group Limited and anyone otherwise connected with the operation or fulfilment of the Promotion (including third party sponsors or promotional partners) and their respective associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and the immediate families and household members of all such employees and agents.
2. Anyone who has won a prize for any Promotion run by participating radio stations in the Wireless network in the 12 months preceding the end of the Promotion Period is not eligible to enter.
3. Entry for the promotion starts at 06:00 am (UK time) on Wednesday 17 November 2021 to 10:00 am (UK time) on Thursday 25 November 2021 inclusive (the “Promotion Period”). Any entries received outside of the Promotion Period will be void.
4. Participants may make a maximum of 1 entry per person per day during the Promotion Period.
5. To enter you must complete the entry form for A Boy Called Christmas: Hope and Joy competition at virginradio.co.uk/win. Entries must be received during the Promotion Period only.
6. Entries received which are not submitted via the official entry method will not be accepted. Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Promotion is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected.
Winners and Prizes
7. There will be 5 winners – 1 selected each day from 22 to 26 November 2021 on The Chris Evans Breakfast Show with Sky. One prize package per winner.
8. The winning entrants will be selected by the production team from The Chris Evans Breakfast Show with Sky from all eligible entries received during each Promotion Period, and based on the entrant’s submission for ‘Hope and Joy’. There will be no prizes for any other participants. The judges’ decision is final.
9. The prize is 1x 12 month Sky Q subscription and 1x Family Trip to London, as per the above prize terms.
10. Prizes are as stated and are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize in whole or in part.
11. The winner is responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in any Promotional materials or these Terms and Conditions, including insurance and all other incidentals. Winners are also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree that the prize is awarded on an “as is” basis, and that neither the Promoter nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize.
12. In the event that, for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control the Promoter is unable to award the prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize. The Promoter also reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize if in its reasonable discretion it is appropriate to do so.
Winner Announcement and claiming of prize
13. Winners will be selected by the production team and announced on air during The Chris Evans Breakfast Show with Sky from 22 to 26 November 2021. If a winner cannot be contacted, is not available or does not answer the call as expected, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received during the Promotion Period. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
14. Callers are not necessarily entitled to participate in on-air Promotions and will not necessarily appear on-air in the order in which they are called. The Promoter shall not be liable to reimburse callers for telephone charges when either on hold or on air. When the situation arises, only the person who is selected to come to air (if applicable) is eligible to win if they give the correct answer.
15. Winners will be required to confirm acceptance of the applicable prize within 24 hours of being announced on air. If the winner has not claimed their prize by the date specified or the winner refuses or is unable to provide eligible contact details for receipt of their prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another participant.
16. For a list of winners (name and general location) please send a stamped self-addressed envelope by no later than 28 days after the end of the Promotion Period to the Promoter at: Promotions Department, Wireless Group Limited, 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF stating that you would like the winner details for the “A Boy Called Christmas Hope and Joy” Promotion.
Data Protection and Publicity
18. Participants’ names and general locations will be published or made publicly available if they are a winner of the Promotion in accordance with the regulatory requirements. In such circumstances we may also make free use of this information and participant’s photographs for publicity purposes both during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any of its associated or subsidiary companies.
19. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding on the participants. No correspondence will be entered into.
20. If participants do not provide any of the mandatory information requested when participating in the Promotion, their entry will be void.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to require the participants to prove that they are eligible. If a winner is found to be ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to award their prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
22. The provision of the prize does not imply endorsement by the Promoter of Sky or other third parties concerned in any way with the Promotion. Any complaints or queries relating to the use of the prize should be directed to Sky.
23. Participants must not do anything illegal and/or dangerous and/or that would put themselves or others at any risk. Save where it has been negligent, the Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants’ entry into the Promotion or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit participant’s ability to participate in the Promotion. The Promoter will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, delayed, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of making a phone call, sending an entry by post, email or text, is not proof of receipt by the Promoter of any entries. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not be limited as a matter of law.
24. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Promotion (including altering prizes) if, in its sole discretion, the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as specified. In the event of a printing or other error resulting in there being more winners than prizes for the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to (a) declare as void any claims or entries resulting from such printing or other error; and/or (b) allocate the available prize(s) through a further draw or to divide the prize(s) or the value of the prize(s) between the winners of the Promotion.
25. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Promotion in a manner, which in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other participants (including tampering with the operation of the Promotion, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or the Promoter and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Promotion at the Promoter’s sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Promotion, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Promotion as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising from such actions.
26. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Promoter’s website (the “Website”).
27. If you are resident of the United Kingdom then these Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions (except if you are resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland), and if you are a resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland). If you are a resident of the Republic of Ireland then these Terms and Conditions are governed by Irish law and the courts of the Republic of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions.
28. The promoter of this Promotion is Wireless Group Limited (operator of participating radio stations in the Wireless network) of 1 London Bridge Street, SE1 9GF.