Win £1,000 with Car S.O.S!
Expires: 15th February 2019
This February, Car S.O.S is back with a bang! The car show with heart returns to National Geographic for a brand new season, kick-starting with a two-part studio special, the 7 Day Challenge.
To celebrate, MAGIC have teamed up with Car S.O.S to give you a chance to win £1000 so you can give your own car the S.O.S treatment it deserves!
To be in with the chance of winning £1000, send us a love letter to your favourite car you have owned. From your very first banger delivering that unlimited freedom to the unassuming ‘practical’ car you own today.
Competition Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS for “Car S.O.S- Magic Radio” (the “Competition”). These terms should be read with our general competition terms at: http://www.bauerlegal.co.uk/radio-competition-terms.html which also apply to this Competition.
|1.COMPETITION MECHANIC AND HOW TO WIN||
Entrants must go online to magicradio.co.uk or planetradio.co.uk/magic to tell Magic Radio (and Presenter Tom Price) their most memorable car story to be in with the chance of coming on-air to describe their story to win £1000.
The criteria for judging are:
Two of the most humorous and entertaining or profound item car stories will be selected (one for the competition round on Saturday 16th February 2019 and one for the competition round on Sunday 17th February 2019) to come on-air and describe their story to Magic listeners and weekend presenter Tom Price.
The listener’s car stories will be selected by the judging panel as described below:
The judging panel is made of the production manager, the Magic Radio production team, Magic Radio weekend presenter; Tom Price* and an independent judge.
Where there are two similar stories, the judges will select which entrant is shortlisted, based on the written delivery of their car memory story. The entrant selected will be decided by the judging panel and selected story will be to their discretion.
A shortlist of 10 entrants will be chosen for each day (Saturday 16th February 2019 and Sunday 17th February 2019) by the production manager on Friday 15th February for the two competitions rounds. The list will then be shortlisted by the Magic Radio producers/ weekend presenter. The shortlist will be contacted and informed they are on the shortlist. The final contestants will be selected by an independent judge. This list will be called on-air either on Saturday 16th February or Sunday 17th February where they will be asked to recount their car story by on-air presenter Tom Prize*. The on-air contestants will be awarded £1000 cash prize for recounting their stories on-air.
The entrant will only be deemed the winner by the on-air presenter Tom Price.
Entries for each round will be selected on the following dates:
Entries for the competition round on 16th February will be shortlisted on 15th February
Entries for the competition round on 17th February will be shortlisted on 15th February
If for any reason Magic Radio finds the car stories to be fraudulent, the entrant may be disqualified at any point and the prize will be revoked.
The Magic Radio team may talk to an entrant but only upon being told they are the winner, will they be deemed the winner.
On entering your car story you are allowing Magic Presenter Tom Price to be able to discuss your entry on-air. Only on being bought to-air to recount their own car story will the entrant be deemed the winner and awarded the prize.
*For reasons outside of our control (e.g. sickness, weather) the weekend presenter may change. The judging process will remain the same however, the cover weekend presenter will take the place of the missing presenter.
|2.Entry Platforms and Costs||
(A) Online at planetradio.co.uk/magic
Online entry is free.
|3. DATES||‘Round 1’
Start Date and End Date. Pre-registration: From Saturday 11th February 00:01 (Start Date) to Friday 15th February 10:00am (End Date).
Entries received before the Start Date or after the End Date will be invalid.
On entering pre-registration the entrants are agreeing to being available to come on-air either during the Tom Prize weekend show (06:00-10:00) either Saturday 16th February or Sunday 17th February.
Start Date and End Date. Competition Round:
Saturday 16th February: From Saturday 16th February from 06:00 until 10:00
Sunday 17th February: From Sunday 17th February from 06:00 until 10:00
If an entrant is shortlisted and cannot come to air during the competition rounds they forfeit their place and an alternate entrant may be shortlisted.
The date of the on-air competitions rounds are decided by the Magic production team. If a contestant is shortlisted to competition round they are not available for they will not automatically get entered into the alternate competition rounds shortlist.
Winner Announcement. The name and the home town of the winner(s) (s) will be announced on Magic Radio during the day on-air competition rounds.
|5. THE PRIZE||
There will be two on-air competition rounds in total, 1 per day Saturday- Sunday (Saturday 16th February & Sunday 17th February).
There will be 2 winners in total.
The prize will be:
Prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- DATA PROTECTION. Names, email addresses, and /or telephone numbers (which, for all SMS competitions, will be shared with our SMS provider,) will be collected and used to process entries. Winner’s details may be given to the prize provider to arrange delivery of the prize. Your details may remain stored after the End Date but will not be used for marketing unless you have ticked an opt-in box on entry. If you have, your details will be used in accordance with the information given when you ticked the opt-in box and gave your consent. For more details, see: http://www.bauerdatapromise.co.uk/.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY AND CONSENTS. By entering this Competition, you are consenting to our use of your entry both to publicise this Competition, our radio station or any other radio station which we own or control. This means that we may use all names, images, descriptions, photographs video footage, and other information, which you’ve submitted on entry, in any media, without paying you and without any time restriction. You also agree that we may film, record or photograph you in connection with the competition and /or the Prize (if you win!). We will own these films, recordings or photographs and we may use them publicly, including on the internet, for our radio broadcasts and/or for any promotional purposes. You will also have waived any moral rights or right to payment that you may have had.
- Entries that don’t comply with these terms won’t be accepted and you may be disqualified if we think you’ve breached them.
- Participants may not enter more than once
- If there is a dispute about the operation of the Competition or correctness of any answers given, our decision is final and no discussion will be entered into on this subject.
- The correct answers to questions must exactly match our answers to win.
- We are not responsible if you fail to get through when you call / text to enter, or if you lose signal during a call.
- You are responsible for all costs of entry.
- You may be disqualified if you are incomprehensible, inaudible or if you appear to be driving, intoxicated or likely to offend listeners.
- Whilst on-air, you must not make inappropriate or offensive statements.
- As far as it is lawful to do so we exclude our liability for any losses suffered in connection with the Competition / the Prize.
- We may cancel / amend / end / suspend the Competition if we need to do so due to circumstances outside our control.
- CONTACT DETAILS. Any concerns? Please email: email@example.com
Concerns won’t be considered if made more than 14 days after the date the winner is announced.
Bauer Radio Limited is the promoter of this Competition, see: http://www.bauerlegal.co.uk/radio-website-terms.html for details of our registered office and company number.