Vote in The Sun Travel Awards 2019 and you could win one of 5 fabulous holidays
Expires: 4th September 2019
MALDIVES a seven-night B&B stay for two at the new Saii Lagoon Maldives, Curio Collection by Hilton including return flights from the UK.
MEXICO a seven night all-inclusive stay stay for two at the brand new Hard Rock Hotel, Los Cabos. The new resort opens in September on the stunning Pacific Coast. Includes return TUI flights.
DUBAI for a five-night stay for a family of four at the Lapita Hotel at Dubai Parks & Resorts including flights and park tickets.
ALGARVE a week half board for two people to the 4* Holiday Inn Algarve in Armacao de Pera including flights from a London airport courtesy of Mercury Holidays.
DISNEYLAND PARIS for a two-night stay half-board for a family of four at Disney’s Davy Crockett Ranch including return Eurotunnel crossing and 3-day park tickets. Courtesy of MagicBreaks.
To make sure you have a chance of winning, simply vote for your favourite travel companies and destinations.
Competition Terms and Conditions
By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these Terms and Conditions). Completion and submission of an entry form or e-mail will also be deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Promotional materials relating to the Promotion, including all information on how to enter the Promotion published in publications of the Promoter (including social media if applicable) or on the Promoter’s websites, also form part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred to in such promotional materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence.
Participation in the Promotion
1. Residents of the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland aged 18 or over only, except employees and agents of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited and anyone otherwise connected with the operation or fulfilment of the Promotion (including third party promotional partners) and their respective associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, and the immediate families and household members of all such employees and agents.
2. The Promotion starts at 00:01 am (UK time) on 7 July 2019 and closes at 23:59 pm (UK time) on 4 September 2019 (the Promotion Period). Any entries received outside the Promotion Period will be void.
3. Participants may make a maximum of 1 entry per person during the Promotion Period.
4. To enter you must complete and submit the entry form available at http://www.thesun.co.uk/travelawards during the Promotion Period only.
5. Entries received which are not submitted via the official entry method will not be accepted. Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Promotion is prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such system may be treated as void. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be rejected. Participants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access if they enter the Promotion online or by email.
Winners and Prizes
6. There will be 5 winners. One prize per winner.
7. The winners will be selected at random from all valid entries for this Promotion received during the Promotion Period. There will be no prizes for any other entrants.
8. The first prize is a holiday for 2 adults and 2 children to Disneyland Paris only, courtesy of Magic Breaks. Prize includes a 2 night stay for 4 at the Disney’s Davy Crockett Ranch hotel. Winner and guests will be sharing a twin room. Accommodation is provided on a half board basis. Prize includes return Eurotunnel crossing with your own vehicle. Winner and guests are responsible for travel, including driving to Disneyland Paris at their own expense, except for the Eurotunnel crossing which is provided. Exact date/time will be selected at prize provider’s discretion. Prize must be booked by 1st October 2019 to be taken for Sunday – Thursday night arrivals between 7th November – 18th December 2019, 5th January – 13th February, 23rd February – 25th March 2020, subject to availability.. Winner and his/her guest(s) must travel on same itinerary. All parts of prize must be used in conjunction with same booking. Winner and his/her guest(s) are solely responsible for ensuring they have valid travel documentation (including passport/visa/visa waiver as may be required), obtaining adequate travel insurance and appropriate vaccinations / inoculations for foreign travel at their own expense.
9. The second prize is a week’s stay in the 4*Holiday Inn, Algarve at half board for 2 people sharing, courtesy of Mercury Holidays. Subject to availability, valid 01 November 19 – 31 March 20 (excluding Christmas and New Year) including return flights from a London airport.
10. The third prize is seven nights for two adults in a Deluxe Gold Room at Hard Rock Hotel Los Cabos on an all-inclusive basis. Prize also includes two return direct economy flights from London to Los Cabos courtesy of TUI. Prize is subject to availability and non-transferable. This prize is not valid for periods over UK Bank and School holidays. Prize must be taken before 30 September 2020.
11. The fourth prize five nights for two adults and two children (aged 3 to 11 years of age inclusive) in a Deluxe Room at the four-star Lapita™ Hotel on a bed and breakfast basis; tickets for the length of stay to LEGOLAND® Dubai, LEGOLAND® Water Park, MOTIONGATE™ Dubai and BOLLYWOOD™ Parks Dubai and return economy flights from the UK to Dubai. Prize is subject to availability, non-transferable and must be taken before 30 September 2020. Prize is subject to availability and must be booked a minimum of one month in advance of travel.
12. The fifth prize a one week stay for two adults in a King Beach Room at SAii Lagoon Maldives on a bed and breakfast basis. Prize also includes two return direct economy flights from a UK airport. Prize is subject to availability and non-transferable. This prize is not valid for periods over UK Bank and School holidays. Prize must be taken before 30 September 2020.
13. Prizes are as stated and are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize in whole or in part.
14. The winner is responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated in any Promotional materials or these Terms and Conditions, including (where applicable) transport, accommodation, meal costs, spending money, insurance and all other incidentals. Winners are also personally responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in claiming or using the prize. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree that the prize is awarded on an “as is” basis, and that neither the Promoter nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any nature with respect to the prize.
15. In the event that, for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control the Promoter is unable to award the prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize. The Promoter also reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize if in its reasonable discretion it is appropriate to do so.
Winner Announcement and claiming of prize
16. Winners will be notified by email or using the other contact details provided to the Promoter within 14 days after the end of the Promotion Period. All reasonable endeavours will be made to contact the winners during the specified time. If a winner cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received during the Promotion Period. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
17. Winners will be required to confirm acceptance of the applicable prize within 14 days of having been notified. If the winner has not claimed their prize by the date specified or the winner refuses or is unable to provide an eligible postal address for receipt of their prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another participant.
18. The prize will be delivered within a reasonable time and by no later than 28 days after the prize has been accepted.
19. For a list of winners please send a stamped self-addressed envelope by no later than 28 days after the end of the Promotion Period to News UK, Promotions Department, 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF stating for which Promotion you would like winners’ details.
Data Protection and Publicity
21. By entering, participants agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes if they are the winner of the Promotion, both during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or subsidiary company of News Corp UK & Ireland Limited. This includes making their name available on the Promoter’s websites and social media platforms. The winner and any guests will also be required to participate in reasonable publicity relating to this Promotion.
22. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be entered into.
23. If participants do not provide any of the mandatory information requested when participating in the Promotion, their entry will be void.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to require the participants to prove that they are eligible. If a winner is found to be ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to award their prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
25. The provision of the prize does not imply endorsement by the Promoter of Magic Breaks or other third parties concerned in any way with the Promotion. Any complaints or queries relating to the use of the prize should be directed to Magic Breaks.
26. Unless otherwise stated in the promotional materials, this Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the manufacturer or service provider of the relevant prize. You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to the manufacturer or service provider of the relevant prize.
27. Entrants must not do anything illegal and/or dangerous and/or that would put themselves or others at any risk. Save where it has been negligent, the Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants’ entry into the Promotion or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit participant’s ability to participate in the Promotion. The Promoter will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt by the Promoter of any entries. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not be limited as a matter of law.
28. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the Promotion (including altering prizes) if, in its sole discretion, the Promotion is not capable of being conducted as specified. In the event of a printing or other error resulting in there being more winners than prizes for the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right to (a) declare as void any claims or entries resulting from such printing or other error; and/or (b) allocate the available prize(s) through a further draw or to divide the prize(s) or the value of the prize(s) between the winners of the Promotion.
29. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Promotion in a manner, which in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including tampering with the operation of the Promotion, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or the Promoter and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Promotion at the Promoter’s sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired the Promotion, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the Promotion as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising from such actions.
30. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions. Any amendments will be published on the Promoter’s website (the Website).
31. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions.
32. The promoter of this Promotion is News Group Newspapers Ltd (publisher of The Sun and The Sun on Sunday) of 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF (the Promoter).
Your terms and conditions to be included in the paper are set out below. If space is particularly limited, please discuss with legal to ascertain if it is possible to shorten these further.