VOTE FOR YOUR CARS OF THE YEAR FOR CHANCE TO WIN A HOLIDAY!
Sunday Times Driving
Expires: 14th September 2020
Once again Sunday Times Driving have a fantastic prize lined up for one lucky reader who votes in their awards: a three-night stay for two people at Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa in the picturesque Black Forest, Germany.
VW Beetle at Brenners Park HotelGuests will stay on a bed and breakfast basis, and the package includes one dinner for two at Fritz & Felix, winner of ‘Restaurant Within a Hotel – Europe 2019’ at The International Hotel & Property Awards, as well as a classic car experience through the Black Forest. A contribution of up to £150 per person will go towards flights from London Stansted to Karlsruhe / Baden-Baden, and return airport transfers are included.
Competition Terms and Conditions
By entering the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions (these
Terms and Conditions). Completion and submission of an entry form or e-mail will also be
deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. Promotional materials relating to the
Promotion, including all information on how to enter the Promotion published in publications of
the Promoter (including social media if applicable) or on the Promoter’s websites, also form
part of these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between any terms referred
to in such promotional materials and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and
Conditions take precedence.
Participation in the Promotion
1. Residents of the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland aged 18 or over only, except
employees and agents of the Promoter, News Corp UK & Ireland Limited and anyone
otherwise connected with the operation or fulfilment of the Promotion (including third
party promotional partners) and their respective associated, affiliated or subsidiary
companies, and the immediate families and household members of all such employees
2. The Promotion starts at 00:01 am (UK time) on 26 July 2020 and closes at 12:00 pm
(UK time) on 14 September 2020 (the Promotion Period). Any entries received
outside the Promotion Period will be void.
3. Participants may make a maximum of 1 entry per person during the Promotion Period.
4. To enter you must complete and submit the entry form available at
https://www.driving.co.uk/news/motor-awards/motor-awards-2020-vote/ during the
Promotion Period only.
5. Entries received which are not submitted via the official entry method will not be
accepted. Use of script, macro or any automated system to enter the Promotion is
prohibited and entries made (or which appear to have been made) using any such
system may be treated as void. Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent entries will be
rejected. Participants should be aware that they may be subject to data charges
depending on their own individual arrangements for Internet access if they enter the
Promotion online or by email.
Winners and Prizes
6. There will be 1 winner. One prize per winner.
7. The winner will be selected at random from all valid entries for this Promotion received
during the Promotion Period. There will be no prizes for any other entrants.
8. The prize is a holiday for 2 people to Brenners park-hotel & spa, Baden-Baden only.
a. A 3 night stay for 2 at the Brenners park-hotel & spa, Baden-Baden hotel.
Winner and guest will be sharing a double room. Accommodation is provided
on a bed and breakfast basis.
b. £150 towards return flights from London Stansted to Karlsruhe / BadenBaden.
c. transfers from Karlsruhe / Baden-Baden airport to hotel only. Prize excludes
UK transfers. Winner and guest responsible for getting to and from UK airport
at their own expense.
d. one dinner for two people at Fritz & Felix (excluding drinks)
e. one car related experience for two people. Winner or guest must have a fully
clean valid UK driving licence.
9. Subject to availability, prize must be booked in advance. Prize must be taken before
28 December 2021. Winner and his/her guest(s) must travel on same itinerary. All
parts of prize must be used in conjunction with same booking. Winner and his/her
guest are solely responsible for ensuring they have valid travel documentation
(including passport/visa/visa waiver as may be required), obtaining adequate travel
insurance and appropriate vaccinations / inoculations for foreign travel at their own
10. Prizes are as stated and are non-exchangeable and non-transferable. There is no
cash or other alternative to the prize in whole or in part.
11. The winner is responsible for paying all associated costs that are not specifically stated
in any Promotional materials or these Terms and Conditions, including (where
applicable) transport, accommodation, meal costs, spending money, insurance and all
other incidentals. Winners are also personally responsible for any personal or
incidental expenses and any VAT, national and/or local tax liabilities incurred in
claiming or using the prize. By participating in the Promotion, participants agree that
the prize is awarded on an “as is” basis, and that neither the Promoter nor any of its
subsidiary or affiliated companies, make any representations or warranties of any
nature with respect to the prize.
12. In the event that, for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control the Promoter is
unable to award the prize as described in these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter
reserves the right to award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its
sole discretion, the cash value of the prize. The Promoter also reserves the right to
award a prize of a similar nature and an equivalent value, or at its sole discretion, the
cash value of the prize if in its reasonable discretion it is appropriate to do so.
Winner Announcement and claiming of prize
13. Winners will be notified by email or using the other contact details provided to the
Promoter within 7 days after the end of the Promotion Period. All reasonable
endeavours will be made to contact the winner during the specified time. If a winner
cannot be contacted or is not available, the Promoter reserves the right to re-draw
another winner from the valid/correct entries that were received during the Promotion
Period. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their
14. Winners will be required to confirm acceptance of the applicable prize within 7 days of
having been notified. If the winner has not claimed their prize by the date specified or
the winner refuses or is unable to provide an eligible postal address for receipt of their
prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another participant.
15. The prize will be delivered within a reasonable time and by no later than 28 days after
the prize has been accepted.
16. For a list of winners please send a stamped self-addressed envelope by no later than
28 days after the end of the Promotion Period to News UK, Promotions Department, 1
London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF stating for which Promotion you would like
Data Protection and Publicity
17. The Promoter will collect and process participants’ personal information and it will be
shared with the Promoter’s agents, affiliates and, if applicable, any third party prize
provider (including those outside the European Economic Area). Information provided
by participants will only be used for the purpose of conducting this Promotion (including
for prizes to be delivered) and other purposes as may be specified at the time of entry
or on promotional materials. Personal information will be held in accordance with the
18. By entering, participants agree to allow the free use of their names, photographs and
general locations for publicity and news purposes if they are the winner of the
Promotion, both during this and future promotions by the Promoter or any associated or
subsidiary company of News Corp UK & Ireland Limited.
19. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding on the entrants. No correspondence will be
20. If participants do not provide any of the mandatory information requested when
participating in the Promotion, their entry will be void.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to require the participants to prove that they are
eligible. If a winner is found to be ineligible, the Promoter reserves the right to award
their prize to another participant and to require the return of any prize already awarded.
22. The provision of the prize does not imply endorsement by the Promoter of Brenners
Park-Hotel & Spa, Baden-Baden, Germany or other third parties concerned in any way
with the Promotion. Any complaints or queries relating to the use of the prize should be
directed to Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa, Baden-Baden, Germany.
23. Unless otherwise stated in the promotional materials, this Promotion is in no way
sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, the manufacturer or
service provider of the relevant prize. You are providing your information to the
Promoter and not to the manufacturer or service provider of the relevant prize.
24. Entrants must not do anything illegal and/or dangerous and/or that would put
themselves or others at any risk. Save where it has been negligent, the Promoter will
not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury resulting from participants’ entry into
the Promotion or their acceptance and/or use of the prize, or for technical, hardware or
software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any
kind that may limit or prohibit participant’s ability to participate in the Promotion. The
Promoter will not be responsible for any lost, damaged, defaced, incomplete, illegible or
otherwise unreadable entries. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt by the Promoter
of any entries. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit the
Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other
matter where liability may not be limited as a matter of law.
25. The Promoter reserves the right at any time to cancel, modify or supersede the
Promotion (including altering prizes) if, in its sole discretion, the Promotion is not
capable of being conducted as specified. In the event of a printing or other error
resulting in there being more winners than prizes for the Promotion, the Promoter
reserves the right to (a) declare as void any claims or entries resulting from such
printing or other error; and/or (b) allocate the available prize(s) through a further draw
or to divide the prize(s) or the value of the prize(s) between the winners of the
26. Any participant who enters or attempts to enter the Promotion in a manner, which in the
Promoter’s reasonable opinion is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its
nature is unjust to other entrants (including tampering with the operation of the
Promotion, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as
intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participants or the Promoter
and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the Promotion at the
Promoter’s sole discretion. Furthermore, where such actions have significantly impaired
the Promotion, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, add further stages to the
Promotion as it deems reasonably necessary in order to resolve any problems arising
from such actions.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions. Any
amendments will be published on the Promoter’s website (the Website).
28. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and
Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in
association with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions.
29. The promoter of this Promotion is News UK & Ireland Limited of 1 London Bridge
Street, London, SE1 9GF (the Promoter).
Your terms and conditions to be included in the paper are set out below. If space is
particularly limited, please discuss with legal to ascertain if it is possible to shorten these
TERMS AND CONDITIONS: Promotion closes 14 September 2020 12:00 pm. Open to
residents of the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland aged 18 or over only, except staff of
the Promoter, its affiliated companies or promotional partners or their families. 1 entry per
person. Winners will be selected at random from all correct entries. No cash alternative and
prize is non-transferable. Your information will only be used to administer this Promotion in
– see https://www.driving.co.uk/news/motor-awards/motor-awards-2020-vote/ .