NOMINATE YOUR LOCAL HERO BUSINESS FOR A CHANCE TO WIN £1,000
Expires: 19th July 2020
South Western Railway are proud to be supporting small businesses in the region.
Which ones have you been missing over the last few months? The restaurant you can’t wait to go back to, the florist that brightens your day, or the boutique that’s just your style.
And has there been a shop or service which has gone above and beyond while staying open in the last few weeks to really help the community?
Everyone who nominates a business will go into the prize draw to win £1,000 in cash. And remember your nominated business could win equipment worth £2,000 as well as a marketing campaign supplied by South Western Railway worth £10,000.
Competition Terms and Conditions
The following rules (“Specific Rules”) together with the general competition terms and conditions (which can be found at http://www.heart.co.uk/terms-conditions/) and https://www.smoothradio.com/terms-conditions/ (the “ Competition Terms and Conditions”) of Global (as defined in the Competition Terms and Conditions apply to ‘South Western Railway ’ radio competition (the “Competition”) which will run from 06/07/2020 to 19/07/2020 in the following regions and areas: Heart South: Kent, Sussex & Surrey, Thames Valley & South Coast.
Heart West: Swindon/Wilts, Bristol & Somerset and Devon, Heart London, Smooth London, Smooth Solent, Smooth Sussex, Smooth Thames Valley and Smooth West Country (the “Radio Station”).
Anyone who enters the Competition (an “Entrant”) will be deemed to have read and accepted the Specific Rules and the Competition Terms and Conditions and will be bound by them.
Details of the Competition:
To enter the Competition an Entrant must:
1. Go online to www.heart.co.uk or www.smoothradio.com and register their details and their nomination.
2. Online entry will open at 00:01am on 06.07.2020 and close at 23:59pm on 19.07.2020.
3. Entrants must nominate a small local business operating in any of the following areas: London, Dorset, Exeter, Hampshire, Berkshire, Sussex, Surrey, Middlesex, Wiltshire or the Isle of Wight. The entrant must explain why they believe their nominated local business should win the business package worth £12,000 and demonstrate their nominated business is feel-good, upbeat and worthy.
4. Any business or businesses nominated that do not operate in London, Dorset, Exeter, Hampshire, Berkshire, Sussex, Surrey, Middlesex, Wiltshire or the Isle of Wight nor satisfy the criteria, will be excluded from the Competition.
5. Any listener submitting a nomination must have obtained permission from their nominated business owner prior to entering.
6. If it’s found that a business selected to win either a main prize or a runner-up prize, did not give consent to taking part in the Competition, that entry will be excluded and another one selected.
7. Entrants who nominate must be aged 18 years or over.
8. Entry is restricted to one entry per person. Duplicate entries will be excluded from the Competition.
9. SWR staff and their family members can nominate businesses but will not be eligible for the prize draw of £1,000.
10. Businesses owned by SWR staff and their family members are not eligible to win the business prizes.
Eligibility of nominations:
Nominated businesses must:
11. Be an independent business; owner-managed business which is not part of a sub-brand of a larger organization.
12. Have premises.
13. Have a website or a Facebook or Instagram Account.
14. Operate in London, Dorset, Exeter, Hampshire, Berkshire, Sussex, Surrey, Middlesex, Wiltshire or the Isle of Wight.
Winner Selection Process:
15. Once the Competition has closed, from all eligible nominations received, two Entrants will be randomly selected to each win a £1,000 cash prize.
16. From all entries received once the Competition has closed, 50 entries will be randomly selected. In the event any of the randomly selected businesses are not from London, Dorset, Exeter, Hampshire, Berkshire, Sussex, Surrey, Middlesex, Wiltshire or the Isle of Wight that business or businesses will be excluded from the competition and another one/others randomly selected. From that shortlist, Global will then select 20 local businesses as finalists based on the judging criteria of being feel-good, upbeat and worthy of winning.
17. Global will then contact each of these 20 businesses to let them know they are finalists and agree for their details to be passed onto SWR for the final judging process. At this stage, the local business owners will be able to opt out of the competition if they no longer wish to participate. In this case, they will forfeit their nomination and another eligible entry will be chosen.
18. Those 20 finalist entries will be passed on to a judging panel at South Western Railway who will choose two main winners and three runners up based on the criteria being feel-good, upbeat and worthy of winning.
19. The judges’ decision in all cases will be final and no conversation or correspondence about the results will be entered into.
20. Global will contact all the winners via the telephone number supplied.
21. The business owners from the two main winners must be available between July 20th 2020 and July 26th 2020 as they will be contacted during this time to be interviewed by Global to appear in a pre-recorded radio advert.
22. The interview recording will be done virtually, no travelling to a studio will take place.
23. If either of these local business owners are unavailable to take part in the recording, they will forfeit their position as a winner and another eligible entry will be selected and contacted, according to the above process and judging criteria.
24. The runner-up winners may also be contacted to participate in a pre-recorded interview that will be broadcast on Heart and/or Smooth.
25. The Competition winners accept that any recording with Global carried out between July 20th 2020 and July 26th 2020 will be subject to broadcast on-air on either Heart or Smooth and may feature as part of any SWR marketing.
26. From the shortlist of 20, the 2 winning businesses, the 3 runners up and the 15 unsuccesfull businesses give permission that their image may be used by SWR to promote them. Examples may include posters, email, social, or web content and include images and audio. The 20 finalists will be contacted via the contact details provided to discuss this.
27. The advertising activity part of the prize for the businesses must be completed by 30th March 2021.
There are 6 prizes to be won:
Prize 1: (2 Nominee Winners):
28. All Entrants who have submitted eligible nominations will be added into a prize draw to win £1,000.
29. 2 will be randomly selected to each win £1,000.
30. The winners will be notified by phone within 7 days of the Competition closing date.
31. This will be transferred to the winners’ bank accounts via Global. This can take up to 28 working days to process and is dependent on the winner providing their details when required.
32. This prize is non transferrable or refundable.
Prize 2: (2 Main Winners)
33. Tailored business package to the value of £12,000
(£2,000 to spend on equipment and an advertising campaign with SWR worth £10,000)
34. These 2 main winners will be contacted by Global to appear in a pre-recorded radio advert.
Prize 3: (3 Runner Up Winners):
35. Tailored business package to the value of £12,000
(£2,000 to spend on equipment and an advertising campaign with SWR worth £10,000)
Specific Terms & Conditions for equipment:
36. £2,000 can be spent at any UK electrical, furniture or office supplies online retailer. It cannot be used to purchase resale or second-hand items.
37. Spend must be made via an NDL representative. Money must be spent in one transaction but can be used at more than one store. Voucher will be valid for 12 months, is non-transferable with no cash alternative available.
38. Winner will be required to send links to NDL group including required spec, size or colour which are strictly subject to availability at the time of ordering, for NDL Group to complete the order on the winner’s behalf.
39. Should winner’s choice of products be unavailable at the time of purchase for the winner, or if NDL encounter any issues purchasing the item, the NDL Group reserves the right to substitute with an alternative of equal or greater value. Specifications are subject to change from the manufacturer without notice.
40. All prizes will be delivered within 28 working days from the date that NDL receives confirmation of the delivery address from the winner. Multiple deliveries may be required and therefore some of the winner’s items may arrive at different times.
Specific Terms & Conditions for the advertising campaign:
41. The £10,000 advertising campaign prize will be fulfilled by SWR and a dedicated member from their Partnership & Marketing Team assisted by the7stars advertising agency will help each winning business to create their own campaign.
42. The campaign will be advertising on selected SWR owned poster sites at selected SWR railway stations. These will be close to each winning business and the location discussed with the winning business.
43. The winning businesses agree that an SWR logo will feature on the posters as they are providing this part of the prize.
44. The prize includes all production costs.
45. Each of the winning businesses will be contacted within 28 days of being chosen as a winner.
Global reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize at its absolute discretion and there is no cash alternative.